Recycled Packaging for Food Contact Summit Draws Brand Owners, Recyclers, Plastic Cos. to Brussels
Recycled Packaging for Food Contact summit on 18-19 September, 2019 in Brussels focuses on EU's regulations on food grade packaging materials, challenges in using recycled plastic in food contact packaging, preparedness in plastics recycling.
By: Centre for Management Technology (CMT)
Brand owner Nestle shares its 'Challenges in using recycled plastic into food', and supermarket chain Waitrose & Partners presents the 'New sustainable packaging Innovations in Waitrose', including its collaboration with CuanTec.
The summit is supported by Nextek with company's owner and founder - Prof. Dr. Edward Kosior presenting two sessions - 'Optimising rPET in packaging for food contact applications' and 'Advanced sorting technology for separation of food grade materials including developments in rPP for food contact'. Prof. Dr. Kosior also leads a Panel Discussion on 'Ensuring better enforcement & control to prevent contamination' - that includes panelists from SAFE - Safe Food Advocacy Europe and Waste Management Cos.
The issue of contamination is addressed in sessions: 'Testing of Non Intentionally Added Substances (NIAS) in Plastic Food Contact Materials (FCM)' by SGS and 'Safety assessment of not-identified substances leaching from polymers, within the research project Migratox' by OFI.
The packed program also features presentations on:
• Standard risk assessment analysis in ABA structures using recycled PET - Aliplast
• Flexible Packaging - how regulations can impact its role in the circular economy & usage in food packaging - Amcor
• Compostable film for food packaging made from waste crustacean shell - CuanTec
• Chemical recycling options including addressing purity requirements - BASF
• Developing food grade quality rHDPE from OceanBound Plastics - Envision Plastics
• UK regulatory perspective on recycled packaging/plastics for food contact - Food Standards Agency
• The recycling black plastics journey - how far have we come - Viridor Resource Management
• New fully-recyclable solutions with improved barrier properties and new functionalities from renewable sources - AIMPLAS
Viscotec hosts a Networking Reception for all participants including speakers and also joins as an exhibitor at this summit along with GREENLINE.
View event website https://www.cmtevents.com/
+65 6346 9218