ABOI/ID Board of Directors Nominee for 2020
By: The American Board of Oral Implantology
As it is empowered to do by the ABOI/ID By-laws, the 2019 Board of Directors has nominated Bart Silverman, DMD for the open 2020 position. Dr. Silverman has served the ABOI/ID on the Part I Test Construction committee and a Board examiner. Dr. Silverman is a board-certified oral and maxillofacial surgeon who became a Diplomate of the ABOI/ID in 2016. Dr. Silverman holds adjunct professor positions at New York University School of Dentistry, Roseman University of Heal Sciences College of Dental Medicine and New York Medical Center. He is also a clinical instructor and attending physician at Western County Medical Center in Valhalla, New York and is an attending physician at Nyack Hospital in Nyack New York and Montefiore Medical Center in Bronx, New York. Dr. Silverman has a private practice in New City, New York. Please congratulate Dr. Bart Silverman on his nomination to the ABOI/ID Board of Directors.
Diplomates of the ABOI/ID can nominate individuals for the Board's open seat, providing that at least five Diplomates endorse the nomination.
To be eligible for nomination:
• Diplomates must be in good standing with the ABOI/ID, be a Fellow or Associate Fellow of the AAID, and cannot be an officer or member of the Board of any other oral implant organization or of any other dental or medical specialty board.
• Must be an Active Diplomate
• Must have served as an examiner for the Board exams for a minimum of one (1) year within the last 5 years prior to being nominated
• Consistent with the Bylaws, all nominations must be received in ABOI/ID office by 5:00 p.m. Central Time, Thursday, September 5, 2019.
• The election will take place on Friday, October 4, 2019 by mail ballot if an additional candidate is nominated.
• If no other candidate is nominated, on Wednesday, October 9, 2019 the ABOI/ID Board will confirm their board nominee as the new member of the Board of Directors for 2020.
If you have any questions regarding the voting and nomination process, please contact the ABOI/ID Headquarters.
For more information about the American Board of Oral Implantology/