98% Of Property Sellers Are Having To Drop Their Prices In Order To Sell
By: Harcourts Blue
A property professional will need to know why you are selling and what your time constraints are, they should have a presentation that provides you with all of the following information;
• What are the factors that determine the value of your property
• Why selling your home as quickly as possible will get you the highest offers
• What are the current market conditions
• How to prepare your property for sale
• What are the costs involved in selling your property
• They should provide you with a written report showing all the recent sales that have taken place in close proximity to your property.
• They should provide you with information on what is currently on the market for sale. (Your competition)
• What service does this agent provide and is this service guaranteed
• The agent should provide you with a choice of various fully comprehensive written marketing plans detailing how they are going to expose your property to all potential buyers in the market place, thus creating competition and getting you the best offer as quickly as possible.
If the agent you selected does not come prepared and provide you with the information above, move on and find another agent that does. Professional real estate agents always come prepared and are there to educate and inform you so that you are empowered to make the right decisions that will lead to a successful and profitable sale.
The latest information which was released in the July 2019 First National Bank's quarterly property barometer report indicate that 98% of all sellers are having to drop their asking price in order to sell their property and that the average price drop from listing price to eventual selling price is 9.9% and furthermore it takes on average 99 days to sell your property in South Africa today.
Taking the above statistics into account the real estate professional you employ should be able to demonstrate what their average price drop is as well as how long on average does it take them to sell a property. This will give you a good indication of whether or not the real estate professional in front of you is above or below average.
The general rule of thumb here is the longer it takes to sell, the lower your offers are likely to be. So if you employ the wrong person to sell your property it will inevitably result in you losing money on the eventual selling price and the continued holding costs you incur each month the property is not sold.
Take your time and make you select the right fully prepared real estate professional and this will lead to successful and profitable sale.
For more information or to contact me directly use the following link http://blue.harcourts.co.za/
Simon Smith - Harcourts Blue