Kid Friendly Healthy Summer Snacks
By: Temple Display
Mini Frozen Grape Kabobs
• 1 package of grapes
• Remove grapes from the stem, rinse, and pat dry.
• Insert toothpicks through middle of grape
• Place 2 to 3 per toothpick
• Freeze for 2 to 4 hours or until firm in an air tight container
**For kids under 6 cut grapes into halves or quarters and place in a freezer-safe zip top bag and lay flat in your freezer until firm. Omit the toothpicks.
Brought to you by: https://bigredkitchen.com/
Turkey and Cheese Roll-ups
• 2 eight-inch whole-wheat tortillas
• 2 tbsp. cream cheese
• 2 slices turkey breast
• 2 slices cheddar cheese (or your favorite cheese)
• 1 small tomato thinly sliced (optional)
• Spread 1 tablespoon of cream cheese onto each tortilla, spreading it all the way to the edges. Place turkey, cheese, and tomato slices on top. Tightly roll up each tortilla and then use a sharp serrated knife to cut into 1-inch-thick round slices.
Brought to you by: https://kristineskitchenblog.com/
Super Food Banana Pops
• 3 bananas
• 2- 3 tablespoons raw cacao powder
• 2 drops liquid stevia
• 3 ounces water
• 1/4 cup raw cacao nibs
• 1/4 cup raw goji berries
• Place a stick into 2 of the bananas and freeze until soft frozen.
• Blend the other banana, cacao powder, stevia, and water into the blender, and blend until creamy, like chocolate syrup.
• Dip the frozen banana into chocolate sauce and top with cacao nibs/goji berries. Enjoy!
Brought to you by: https://skinnyms.com/
Hummus with Crudites
• 1 can (400 g / 14 oz) cooked chickpeas [retain the liquid from the can]
• 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
• 1 tbsp lemon juice
• 1 tsp tahini
• 1 garlic clove crushed
• optional to decorate: more chickpeas, paprika and fresh herbs
• Put all the ingredients except the olive oil in a blender and blitz until smooth. Drizzle in the oil a little at a time until and continue to blend until it has all combined.
• If the hummus seems to be too thick add a little of the retained chickpea liquid from the can.
• Serve with crudites such as carrots, cucumber, peppers, celery and sugar snap peas.
This hummus can be kept in a container or covered bowl in the fridge for up to 5 days. It can also be frozen for up to 1 month.
Brought to you by: https://www.myfussyeater.com/
English-Muffin Breakfast Pizza
1 whole-wheat English muffin split
1 small tomato seeded and diced
1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
1 thin slice (1/2 ounce) Canadian bacon, diced
1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
Chopped fresh basil, for garnish
• Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Line a small baking sheet with foil.
• Place the English muffin halves cut-side up on the baking sheet. Top each with tomato and drizzle with the olive oil. Sprinkle the Canadian bacon over the tomatoes, then top with the mozzarella. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and beginning to brown. Sprinkle with basil.
Brought to you by: https://www.foodnetwork.com/
5 Unique Ways to Make Ants on a Log
• Honey Pecan Cream Cheese + Raisins
• Guacamole + Black Beans
• Hummus + Pretzel Fish
• Peanut Butter (or nut butter of your choice) + Dried Cranberries
• Almond Butter + Chia Seeds and Blueberries
Brought to you by: https://www.theproducemoms.com/
Baked Elephant Ears
• 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
• 1/4 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
• 2 cups all-purpose flour
• 4-1/2 teaspoons sugar
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/3 cup cold butter cubed
• 1/3 cup fat-free milk
• 1 large egg yolk
• 2 tablespoons butter softened
• 1/2 cup sugar
• 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
• CINNAMON SUGAR:
• 1/2 cup sugar
• 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. In a large bowl, mix flour, sugar and salt; cut in butter until crumbly. Stir milk and egg yolk into yeast mixture; add to flour mixture, stirring to form a stiff dough (dough will be sticky). Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 2 hours.
• Preheat oven to 375°. Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface; roll dough into an 18×10-in. rectangle. Spread with softened butter to within 1/4 in. of edges. Mix sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over butter. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal. Cut crosswise into 24 slices. Cover slices with plastic wrap until ready to flatten.
• In a small bowl, mix ingredients for cinnamon sugar. Place a 6-in.-square piece of waxed paper on a work surface; sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon sugar. Top with 1 slice of dough; sprinkle dough with an additional 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon sugar. Roll dough to a 4-in. circle. Using waxed paper, flip dough onto a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Repeat with remaining ingredients, placing slices 2 in. apart. Bake 7-9 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire racks.
Brought to you by: https://www.tasteofhome.com/
These next few weeks of summer will fly by now that you have fed the troops. With bellies full of all that good stuff you better have some outdoor activities planned. Need help with that? Check out our blog: https://www.templedisplay.com/
Temple Display is YOUR source for Commercial Holiday Decor. From creation to installation, even storage we do it all. Order now thru 8/31/19 and SAVE 15% or MORE on all decorations. Not to mention all of our decorations are proudly MADE IN THE USA. Avoid the 25% China tariffs and buy American with templedisplay.com (https://www.templedisplay.com/