Keynote speakers confirmed for Future Energy East Africa in Nairobi in September
The 21st edition of Future Energy East Africa will focus on the enormous progress that has been made in the region in terms of access to energy and the increasingly important role of mini and off-grid projects to meet targets.
By: Future Energy East Africa
The Kenyan Ministry of Energy is the host ministry for the event. "The Ministry welcomes the invitation to host the Future Energy East Africa" says the Principal Secretary Dr Eng Joseph K Njoroge, noting that the event "brings together key stakeholders to deliberate approaches to the development of renewable energy. We shall therefore support the convention."
Early confirmed keynote speakers in the opening session on 17 September are:
· Ms Bakulumpagi-
· Bakulu Power is a renewable energy firm. They design, implement, own and operate energy infrastructure. Bakulu Power's core purpose is to power local communities by providing residential and commercial clients with clean, affordable renewable energy systems tailored to their specific needs.
Patrick Obath, new Chairman of Standard Bank's board, Kenya:
· Mr Obath served as the Chairman of the Kenya Private Sector Alliance (KEPSA) and as a director at East African Business Council, Africa Alliance Capital, and Kenya Power.
· Previous appointments include Managing Director at Shell East Africa.
Initiate! Challenge winners
The team of students from Strathmore University in Nairobi, who won the coveted Initiate!
The Future Energy East Africa conference programme will also include discussions on the following topics:
- From centralized to decentralized power generation: Partnership agreements to improve energy access
- Strathmore University Panel: Solutions to expand energy access
- Navigating the East African power investment market: Country spotlights with case studies from Uganda, Kenya and Rwanda
- Panel discussion: Mini-grids for productive use and beyond: business model innovation towards financial viability
Future Energy East Africa is the largest and longest running regional power conference and exhibition in East Africa, boasting both a strategic conference and a large trade exhibition.
The 2019 edition will bring together leaders from the regional and international power and energy community, including more than 400 regional conference delegates and over expo 1000 visitors. The event also offers an East African Utility CEO Forum - this is by invitation only for utility CEOs to meet under Chatham House Rules and discuss pressing issues.
Future Energy East Africa is organised by Spintelligent, a multi-award-
Future Energy East Africa dates and location:
Strategic conference: 17-18 September 2019
Venue: KICC, Nairobi, Kenya
Senior Communications Manager: Annemarie Roodbol
Telephone: +27 21 700 3558
Future Energy East Africa