Exegistics Co-Sponsors Veteran Career Summit
Creating Opportunities for Veterans is the Focus of Second Annual Summit
As a former Marine Corps Officer, continuing the tradition of this event is important to panelist and CEO/Founder of Exegistics Stephen Olds. Olds will present on the Veteran Business Owners' Obligation to the Workforce. "Unfortunately, only 50% of the veteran workforce is actively employed and we need to change that," said Olds. "As a veteran-owned small business, it is vital to us that we establish a workplace where veterans can excel and ensure there are dependable opportunities available that allows them to apply their skillset to everyday responsibilities."
Panel discussions and speakers include:
Keynote: Veterans: A Natural Fit for Closing the Skills Gap & Meeting Future Needs
• Victor LaGroon, Diversity and Inclusion Veterans Employment Advisor
Panel 1: Driving Growth in the Workplace Through Veteran Hiring
• Courtney McDonough, Groupon Recruiting Manager
• Megan Everett, Robert McCormick Foundation Program Director
Panel 2: Transferable Skills that Veterans Bring to the Table
• Nicole Mandeville, Illinois Department of Veteran Affairs Senior Program Manager
• Ted Lucas, Expeditors Personnel Development Manager
• Todd Jones, Paramount Bank President
Panel 3: The VOSB/VOB Designation:
• Stephen Olds, Exegistics Founder & CEO
• Brandi Will, York Solutions SVP, Strategic Partnerships & Veteran Programs
• Jeff King, National Veteran Business Development Council Operations and Compliance Manager
Panel 4: Innovative Programs to find, hire, train, manage a Veteran Workforce
• Mario Kratsch, Head of Illinois Consortium for Advanced Technical Training (ICATT) Apprenticeship Program and Vice President of GACC Midwest
• Darienne Page, Lyft Senior Manager of Community Affairs
• Silvia Hinton, York Solutions Vice President, Program Development
The event is taking place Thursday, July 11, at mHUB Chicago from 8:30 a.m. - 12:15 p.m.
Click here to find the full agenda and register for the event: www.exegistics.com/
Based in Chicago, Exegistics is a veteran-owned 3rd party logistics (3PL) and supply chain innovator, built to deliver value-added solutions that exceed the expectations of high-growth customers including manufacturing, pharma, medical device, aerospace, and defense. Exegistics is an INC 500 company that also ranks 28th on the Inaugural Vet50 List of the Fastest-Growing Veteran-Led Companies in America. With 15 US based operational locations, Exegistics supports clients with innovative warehousing, transportation, staffing and cutting-edge supply chain technology solutions. To learn more, visit www.exegistics.com.