Monitoring Industrial Manufacturing Processes in Factories & Plants
By: CAS DataLoggers
Above all, industrial manufacturing processes in factories and plants must function smoothly. Downtimes for these continuous processes have to be minimized to avoid the resulting costs involved. Consequently, process monitoring is essential for error-free products and for maintaining the required quality standards.
Delphin ProfiMessage and Expert devices are single solutions for automating monitoring tasks of industrial manufacturing processes. Delphin systems are ideal due to their combination of analog and digital inputs and their capability to acquire process data via PROFIBUS (https://en.wikipedia.org/
Typical Delphin Uses
Delphin data acquisition systems (https://www.dataloggerinc.com/
Typical process monitoring applications include:
• Process monitoring and alarm functions in refineries
• Process data acquisition in steelworks
• Monitoring of cold storage and warehousing facilities for fruit and vegetables
• Process data acquisition in experimental rigs for the production of chlorine gas
• BDE and consumption data acquisition in printing machines
• Automated monitoring of ovens and firing systems
• Monitoring of welding parameters and soldering machines
• Acquisition and monitoring of wire-drawing processes
A manufacturer of piezoceramics currently monitors its firing processes using Delphin Message devices and ProfiSignal software. The recording of the firing process for each oven and batch starts automatically as soon as a threshold temperature of 212°F (100°C) is reached.
A three-part view shows each oven's status and gives users quick access to detailed information about each individual oven. An online trend is also displayed for each firing process. All data is archived by batch to a server. Recording and monitoring stop as soon as temperatures drop to below 194°F (90°C). Access to batch protocols can be made from any workstation.
Standalone Acquisition & Monitoring
• Independent acquisition and monitoring of a large number of input channels
• PROFIBUS, ModBus and OPC interfaces
• Alarm database with lists of alarms and events
• Fault reporting via email, text messaging and switch outputs
• DataService databases for continuous and/or batch recording
To learn more about Delphin Data Loggers (https://www.dataloggerinc.com/