Chumaround adjusts pricing and adds key features as it evolves to help connect travelers with locals
By: Chumaround LLC
Over the last few months we've been working on several ways to improve our local host and guest experience. Today we are announcing new pricing plans designed to better suit our members. The new plans take effect effective immediately – Wednesday 12th June 2019 and are as follows:
• Becoming a Local Host was and will continue to be completely FREE. There are no cost to register and set up a booking page that allows guests to connect with a host and book their services.
• Guest Subscription is now completely FREE. There are no costs to register or make a booking request.
• Service Booking Fees for users that desire to be prepaid before they meet their guest; there is a 14.5% service fee for all Stripe payment transactions. We also offer all users a meet-n-pay option that allows guests to pay hosts in the local currency at the time of their meeting. When this occurs, there is NO SERVICE FEE.
• Upgrade Listing Options are available when users decide to host visitors. It's completely FREE to create a basic listing, but hosts can now have an option to have their listing page ranked at the top of a city or featured on the Chumaround home page for 3 months. It will cost $10 to be ranked in the top 10% of all listings in a city or $25 to be top ranked in a city and featured on the home.
• Verification Badge Options are now available for users to receive a Verified User Badge when they verify their name, address, and phone number. All users can become verified members for $20/yr or $60 for lifetime verification. When you create a lifetime verified account, Chumaround will verify your name, address, and phone changes each year for the life of your account at no additional costs.