PODS® Storage Containers Are Becoming a Popular Solution vs. Traditional Storage Centers
By: Local PODS Moving and Storage
PODS, a leader in the portable storage industry, was recently recognized by Newsweek as the top moving company for customer service in the 2019 America's Best Customer Service ranking. Whether you're moving, downsizing, or just need extra space to store your belongings, PODS® can take away a lot of the hassle and hard work.
Here's why portable storage solutions are so popular:
1. Convenience. What could be more convenient than having the storage facility in your own driveway? With PODS you don't need to rent a truck, rush to fill it, then drive to the storage unit and empty it again. PODS storage containers are rented by the month, so you can take your time and stay organized, working on your own schedule.
2. Ease of Use. Using a traditional storage facility is a multi-step ordeal. First, you need to load the vehicle, unload it at the storage unit, and organize it again so it all fits. When you're ready to retrieve your belongings, you'll need to repeat the process. With PODS storage containers, you only need to load and unload once. Compare PODS to traditional self storage companies.
3. Safety. Not everybody is comfortable driving a large rental truck. Plus, loading a truck with heavy boxes and furniture requires ramps, lifts, and a lot of muscle — and provides many opportunities for injury. PODS solves those problems. We come to you, and you can simply walk into the unit and load at ground level.
4. Security. PODS containers are sturdy, steel-framed, and weather resistant. When you are finished loading your PODS container, we can transport it to our secure storage facility, which is indoors and closed to the public.
5. Portability. One advantage to a portable storage container is just that — it's portable. PODS can transport your storage container across town, or across the country. Even better, if you're not ready to unpack once you get there, we can store it a while longer.
"We are seeing more and more customers reach out to PODS to make the switch from traditional storage to portable storage," said Steve Yapp, owner of Local PODS moving and storage. "Once they hear from a friend or relative how easy PODS was to use, they are convinced the process can be easier on their backs and their time."
Steve Yapp is the owner of three Tri-Counties PODS franchises that serve residents and businesses in Ventura, Santa Barbara and San Luis Obispo Counties.
Dedicated to the local community, Yapp's franchises have donated over 1,500 PODS containers to nonprofit and charitable organizations throughout Ventura, Santa Barbara, San Luis Obispo, San Diego and Los Angeles counties since opening their doors in 2005.
A partial list of recipients include: Boys & Girls Clubs, FOOD Share of Ventura County, Casa Pacifica, Toys 4 Tots, California Strawberry Festival, Ojai Music Festival, Relay for Life, C.H.P. Holiday Toy Drive, Salvation Army, Santa Maria Good Samaritan, Oxnard Downtown Management District, Boy Scouts of Ventura County, California Visitors Center, Simi Valley Days, the Oxnard Salsa Festival, and Catholic Charities.
PODS® offers moving and storage the way you need it done, with unlimited time, space, and control. When PODS pioneered portable storage in 1998, they introduced the world to a brand new, flexible way to move and store. Now an industry leader, PODS currently provides residential and commercial services in 47 U.S. states, Canada, Australia, and the UK. To date, the PODS network has completed more than 900,000 long-distance moves, has nearly 4 million deliveries, and has over 200,000 PODS containers in service.
For more information, go to: www.mylocalpods.com.