Air Conditioning Repair Dallas Bacon Roofing & Electric
By: Bacon Roofing
As the temperature rises during the summer so does the expense of keeping our homes cool. Unfortunately, it's pay up or sweat. However, there are some things we can do to keep more of our dollars while staying cool at the same time.
· Use ceiling fans. Although they won't actually cool the room, they will circulate the air faster causing perspiration to evaporate faster and that's really the secret to keeping cool. You can save a lot on your utility bill by using a ceiling fan instead of an air conditioner.
· When possible, keep draperies, blinds and shades closed during the warmest part of the day. This will reflect the heat away from the room. Use light colors for window treatments for added efficiency.
· A programmable thermostat will allow you to set the thermostat within the comfort zone when you're home and higher when you're away. Also, raising the temperature a few degrees at night, when it's naturally cooler, can get you additional savings.
· Try to keep your kitchen cool. Use the microwave or small cooking appliances such as electric griddles or grills that give off less heat than an oven or cooktop. Use your stove vent when you're cooking, even if you're not using the stove.
When you find yourself in need of top shelf air conditioning repair Dallas Bacon roofing & Electric should be your first call for great service.
· By using compact fluorescent light bulbs not only will you save on your lighting costs but they also give off 70% less heat than traditional incandescent bulbs, contributing to lower cooling costs
· Be sure to use weather stripping and caulk to seal leaks. Just as we seal up our homes against the cold air in the winter, we can do the same to keep out the heat in the summer. Add weather stripping around doors, windows and window air conditioners. Add caulk around TV cable, electric or plumbing entrances, and dryer vent exhausts.
· Your air conditioner should be well maintained, allowing your system to work more efficiently. Schedule a yearly inspection and tune-up
· If possible, don't leave power adapters plugged in when not in use. Those little boxes attached to the power cords for recharging our cell phones, laptops, digital camera docking stations and for use with other electrical items can really give off heat.
· Another smart move is to shade your windows with trees. If you have windows that get a lot of direct sunlight, seven mall trees can do a lot to block out the sun on a one story house. Choose healthy, well developed species that are a few years old. They may cost more, but you'll also notice a quicker return on your investment.
For the best in air conditioning repair Dallas Bacon Roofing & Electric is well respected and professional company.