Local Residents Who Give Back Celebrated as Community Champions in Detroit
Molina Healthcare of Michigan Shines Light on Deserving Locals During its 12th Annual Community Champions Awards Reception
• Rhonda Kennedy of Wayne County is a founding member of Community Girlz Giving, a non-profit organization that focuses on providing necessary living resources to underprivileged youth, teens, adults, and seniors.
• Shalamar Guerrant of Wayne County is creator of Doors of Success, a non-profit organization providing mentorship and community development, serving girls ages 8-18.
• Anthony Redente of Washtenaw/Wayne County is a physician assistant who helped create the Hope Clinic in 1982. He was key in establishing the giving, caring culture that is today's Hope Clinic.
• Devin DuPree of Wayne County is a certified licensed professional counselor, and her duties include working directly with consumers who have interfaced with the criminal justice system.
• Tamieka Andrews of Wayne County is the Family Center Director at Samaritas, a haven that offers emergency shelter for homeless families and pregnant women.
• Magna International, Honorary Community Champion, is one of the largest and most respected automotive supplies in the world. Magna is a generous sponsor of the Molina HOPE Coat Giveaway.
"Over the years, Molina Healthcare of Michigan has recognized dozens of Community Champions throughout our Great Lakes State," said Christine Surdock, president of Molina Healthcare of Michigan. "This program was created in 2006 to honor those who dedicate valuable time and effort to build healthier communities. Through their extraordinary work and tireless dedication, they often inspire and help mentor others to do the same – and for that, they should be celebrated."
About Molina Healthcare of Michigan
Since 1997, Molina Healthcare of Michigan has been providing government-funded care for low-income individuals. As of March 31, 2019, the company serves approximately 369,000 members through Medicaid, Medicare, Medicare-Medicaid (Duals) and Health Insurance Exchange programs throughout Michigan. Visit us online at molinahealthcare.com (http://www.molinahealthcare.com/