Free Free First Thursday Night, May 2
Montclair Art Museum Offers Free Admission, Art Activities, Tours, Live Music, and a Full-Service Bar the First Thursday of the Month. MAM Joins The Spring Art Walk, Offering Visitors Many Ways To Create and Experience Art.
As always, Free First Thursday Night also presents a variety of art forms and invites visitors to get creative themselves!
· MAM's Free First Thursday Night is an integral part of the Montclair Spring Art Walk! Join the Montclair Center BID, Studio Montclair, and the Montclair Art Museum for a spring Thursday full of art and activities around town with free parking, admission, and programming at MAM's Free First Thursday Night
· Participate in an artistic activity regarding an issue facing the LGBT+ community with Daria Sullivan of Humanity in Action.
· Visit our Info Tables for Aging in Montclair, Montclair Institute for Life Long Learning, and Oasis Senior Center, in honor of Older Americans Month.
· Check out the Conversations and Exhibitions with MAM educator Sharon Pitts.
· Hear WomanSong Choir perform choir classics in Leir Hall.
· Enjoy a Docent-Led Tour of New Jersey Crafts Annual: New Directions in Fiber Art and meet artist Wool Punk as she discusses her piece entitled Blue Carts & Barbed Wired which is included in the Fiber Art exhibition.
· Tap into your own creativity at MAM's Yard School of Art Drop-in Draw Along Studio.
· Check out MAM Yard School of Art Exhibition by Artist & Educator Robert Kogge.
· Get down in the galleries with live music in the galleries with The Kenselaar Brothers Quartet.
· Grab a bite to eat at the evening's food trucks, Thai Elephant and The Empanada Guy.
· Create something together at the Museum's 3rd Floor Family Learning Lab.
· Check out the work of the Montclair 10, a group of artists who work at the Montclair Art Museum and often exhibit together, at Berkshire Hathaway Home Services Real Estate Office (across the street, down from Whole Foods).
Free First Thursday Night Sponsorship
Free First Thursday Nights are made possible by TD Bank
Visitors are encouraged to share their First Thursday Night experiences on social media. Find the Museum on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat @MAMmontclair and share your experience with #MAMfftn.
About the Montclair Art Museum (MAM)
The Montclair Art Museum (MAM) boasts a renowned collection of American and Native American art that uniquely highlights art making in the United States over the last 300 years. The Vance Wall Art Education Center encompasses all the Museum's educational efforts, including award-winning Yard School of Art studio classes, lectures and talks, family events, tours, and the mobile MAM Art Truck. MAM exhibitions and programs serve a wide public of all ages, from families and seniors to artists, educators, and scholars.
Address: 3 South Mountain Avenue, Montclair, NJ 07042
Gallery & The Store at MAM Hours: Wednesdays through Sundays, 12–5 p.m.
Free First Thursday Nights: 1st Thursday of the month (October–June)
Student & Senior Fridays: 1st Friday of the month, 12–5 p.m. Free admission for students and seniors with valid ID
$12 nonmember adults
$10 veterans, seniors, and students with valid ID
FREE children under 12
All Museum programs are made possible, in part, by the New Jersey State Council on the Arts/Department of State, a Partner Agency of the National Endowment for the Arts, and by funds from the National Endowment for the Arts, Carol and Terry Wall / The Vance Wall Foundation, the Geraldine R. Dodge Foundation, and Museum members.