Explore the role of Augmented Reality Technologies & Lethality at Future Soldier Technology USA
SMi Reports: The role of augmented reality technologies and lethality will be discussed at the Future Soldier Technology USA conference this June in Arlington.
By: SMi Group
This contract could eventually result in Army purchasing over 100,000 headsets, in its plans to "increase lethality by enhancing the ability to detect, decide and engage before the enemy," according to a government description of the program.
"Augmented reality technology will provide troops with more and better information to make decisions. This new work extends our longstanding, trusted relationship with the Department of Defense to this new area," a Microsoft spokesman said in an emailed statement. (*Source: Bloomberg, 28 November 2018)
With this in mind, SMi Group are pleased to host the Future Soldier Technology USA Conference, taking place on June 24th and 25th 2019, in Arlington, VA. The event will discuss how new technologies and agile approaches to soldier modernization can help produce a more "expeditionary, mobile, hardened, and intuitive" war-fighter.
Delegates will learn about the role of augmented reality technologies and lethality, from a presentation by Colonel Travis Thompson, Chief of Staff, Soldier Lethality Cross Functional Team and Director of Soldier TCM-S, US Army CDID.
The presentation will be on day one on 'The Future of Lethality: Embedding Immersive Technologies into Soldier Systems for Enhanced Capabilities', with a focus on:
· The future of lethality for the dismounted soldier: How the cross functional team for soldier lethality can deliver cutting edge advancements in soldier capability
· Integrating immersive technologies such as Augmented Reality (AR) into dismounted soldier technology
· Supplying real time tactical data to the soldier in the wearer's field of vision, including blue force tracking and geospatial information
· Other current and future programmes aimed at enhancing soldier lethality, and the CFT's vision for future soldier lethality
The event brochure with the two-day agenda and full speaker line-up can be downloaded online at www.futuresoldierusa.com/
Plus, the speaker details have been confirmed for sponsor and exhibitor, Ultra Electronics. Their presentation is on day one on 'Delivering Technological infrastructure at the tactical edge', discussing:
· Maintaining future systems growth and development
· Enabling efficient and effective force application
· Enhancing data, voice and situational awareness
· Meeting current and future close combat challenges head on
Future Soldier Technology USA is the only dedicated soldier and marine equipment modernisation event in North America. For those interested in attending, there is a $200 Early Bird discount on bookings expiring on Tuesday, April 30th, 2019. Places can be reserved at https://www.smi-
US DoD representatives can pre-register for free admission to the conference, which is subject to final approval.
Lead Sponsor: Glenair
Gold Sponsor: Black Diamond Advanced Technology, Leonardo DRS
Sponsors: FN America, Secubit, Ultra Electronics
For sponsorship and exhibition packages available, contact Sadia Malick on +44 (0) 20 7827 6748 / smalick@smi-
For delegate enquiries, please contact James Hitchen on +44 (0) 20 7827 6054 / jhitchen@smi-
Future Soldier Technology USA Conference
Hilton Arlington, Virginia
June 24th & 25th 2019
About SMi Group: Established since 1993, SMi Group is a global event-production company that specializes in Business-to-