Top Priority for Today's Organizations? Team Building
Understanding Group Dynamics Creates Even Better Team Dynamics
By: Leo Bottary
SAN DIEGO - March 27, 2019 - PRLog -- Author and international speaker Leo Bottary stated today that in a world where people are now under unprecedented pressure to produce at a higher level, there may be nothing more important to CEOs than focusing on their teams. Bottary believes that creating and developing the teams necessary to meet the demands of the future will require leaning on what group dynamics has to teach us.
"While some regard team building as cliche, they will do so at their peril," Bottary said. "We're at a critical juncture as macro-economic realities collide with the entirely new role human beings will be required to play in the workplace of tomorrow. Fortunately, concepts from group dynamics, particularly what we've learned from business leaders who work together in peer groups, can play an important part in preparing our teams for a future most of us can barely imagine."
In response to this need, Bottary created 5 new offerings for organizational leaders based on using group dynamics to drive higher organizational team performance. Bottary also said, "While I believe in my approach and its effectiveness, my larger purpose is to sound an alarm to organizational leaders around the world: TEAMS MATTER. You can focus on the bottom line all you want, but if you don't pay attention to developing the team charged with getting the results, you'll be doomed to fail. If it's not my work, I implore organizational leaders to find someone's work that connects with them and doubling-down on team building."
Bottary's new programs include two keynotes and three workshops:
1) How Group Dynamics Can Drive Higher Performing Teams. A keynote presentation on how understanding group dynamics translates to building higher performing teams in the workplace. Bottary looks at high performing teams in business and in sports and offers a simple group dynamics-based model for organizational teams that they can implement easily and immediately. (50 minutes)
2) Who You Surround Yourself With Matters. A keynote presentation on the power of peer groups for business leaders. While reading books, going to graduate school, and hiring coaches can be useful, Bottary believes we learn best when we learn together and from one another. Bottary reveals how and why peer groups are so effective and why every organization should consider creating internal peer groups to drive greater learning/implementation and higher performance. (50 minutes)
3) How Group Dynamics Can Drive Higher Performing Teams (Plus). For leaders and teams who aspire to go beyond the keynote and roll up their sleeves, you'll self-assess yourselves using the five factors common to high performing teams, developed from the group model featured in The Power of Peers. The workshop includes a number of dynamic/interactive exercises that will help you identify how to bridge the gap between where you are today and where you want to be tomorrow. (Half-
4) The 2.0 version of Bottary's CEO/Key Executive Peer Advisory Group Self-Assessment Workshop is designed for experienced peer advisory business groups who want to "up their game" and receive even more value from their investment. (Half-Day)
5) An "Aspirational Workshop" designed specifically for newly formed business peer groups who want to establish a solid foundation for growth and optimize their ability to create value for one another over time. (Half-
Leo Bottary is the co-author of The Power of Peers: How the Company You Keep Drives Leadership, Growth & Success and author of What Anyone Can Do: How Surrounding Yourself With the Right People Drives Change, Opportunity, and Personal Growth. For more information on these programs, please contact Shawn Ellis at The Speakers Group or visit the newly redesigned leobottary.com
Page Updated Last on: Mar 27, 2019