Chicago to Host Trade with Africa Business Summit
By: Nazaru LLC
Theme of the 2019 event is: Growing U.S. - Africa Trade, Trade Financing & Developing Africa's Supply Chain. Africa offers new markets for U.S. made products. Similarly, U.S. serves as an untapped market for authentic African products (raw and manufactured)
"With manufacturing steadily shifting to Africa, the timing is right for Africa's exporters to maximize the African Growth & Opportunity Act (AGOA) before its expiration in 2025 and for U.S. business leaders to develop effective strategies to expand operations to the region. This event provides a front row sit to business leaders looking to engage in Africa as well as educate themselves on the growing economic impact African countries are having on the global stage." said Toyin Umesiri, CEO Nazaru and Convener of the summit.
Confirmed Speakers include:
· Scott Ford, CEO Westrock Coffee & Economic Adviser to the President of Rwanda; Paul Kagame
· Shakira Motan, Trade Commissioner, South African Consulate - Chicago
· Sherman Banks, Honorary Consul Ghana - Arkansas
· Sipho Khumalo, CEO Cross Border Road Transport Agency – South Africa
· Edward T. Hightower, Author of Motoring Africa: Sustainable Automotive Industrialization
· Dylan Piatti, Sr. Chief of Staff Deloitte and Chairman E-Commerce Forum Africa
· Dr. Andrew S. Nevin, Chief Economist -PWC Africa
Topics to be covered include but not limited to: AGOA, African Continental Free Trade Agreement (AfCFTA), Trade Financing, Sustainable Agriculture, Export, Import, Technology Innovation and Blockchain in Africa, ecommerce, Manufacturing, Healthcare and Women Empowerment.
"With the signing of the African Continental Free Trade Agreement (ArCFTA), Africa's business and political leaders are looking to strengthen trade partnerships for mutually beneficial economic growth. Chicago was selected to host the 2019 event because it offers a community with a strong commitment to global trade, a sophisticated supply chain and transportation network and a concentration of trade experts and key decision makers." Toyin concluded
To learn more visit www.twasummit.com and follow hashtag: #tradewithafrica
CEO Nazaru LLC.