PolyU establishes an alliance with eight institutions to advance research in nursing
The MoU was signed in Shenzhen in the Mainland by Prof Alex Molasiotis, Chair Professor of Nursing and Head of the School of Nursing, PolyU, and the eight representatives of other institutions, including:
· Dr Li Yanlian, Vice President, Macao Polytechnic Institute;
· Prof. Zhou Ying, Associate Dean of the School of Nursing, Guangzhou Medical University;
· Prof. June Zhang, Associate Dean of the School of Nursing, Sun Yat-Sen University;
· Prof. Zhang Lili, Dean of the School of Nursing, Southern Medical University;
· Prof. Chen Weiju, Secretary and Associate Dean of the School of Nursing, Director of the Nursing Department of the First Affiliated Hospital, Jinan University;
· Ms Mo Beirong, Vice President of the Nanshan District People's Hospital of Shenzhen;
· Prof. Wang Chunmei, Vice Director of Zhuhai Campus Management Committee, Zunyi Medical University; and
· Ms Zhang Li, Director of the Nursing Department, The First People's Hospital of Foshan.
"The signing of the MoU heralds a significant milestone in the collaboration in nursing development among Guangdong Province, Hong Kong and Macau," said Prof David Shum, Dean of Faculty of Health and Social Sciences, PolyU, at the ceremony. In the 3-year collaboration, the Alliance will actively promote nursing research cooperation, enhance the quality of care services, encourage sharing of information, resources, evidence-based nursing practice and research outcomes, as well as facilitate training of nursing personnel.
"With our unique position as an international and a core city for driving regional development, Hong Kong and PolyU will grasp the opportunities to advance the discipline of nursing; develop inter-disciplinary, cross-institutional, as well as international collaborative research projects; and promote training and innovative services for the benefit of the people in the GBA, " said Prof Alex Molasiotis.
The Alliance was selected as one of the top projects at the 2nd Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Greater Bay Area Health Cooperation Conference held earlier. The honour was received by the representatives from PolyU, Sun Yat-Sen University and The Nanshan District People's Hospital of Shenzhen.
The Hong Kong Polytechnic University