Reports on Russian trade in goods with Asian countries in 2018
Russia's trade with Asian countries has demonstrated the positive dynamics in 2018. Asia is viewed by Russia as very promising partner.
The reports have been prepared by Russian Foreign Trade stuff based on the data from the Federal Customs Service of Russia.
In particular, the reports have been issued on Russia's trade with the following countries: China, Japan, Turkey, South Korea, Kazakhstan, India, Taiwan, Vietnam, Indonesia, Uzbekistan, Israel, Singapore, Malaysia, Iran, Armenia, Thailand, the United Arab Emirates, Iraq, Kyrgyzstan, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Mongolia, Turkmenistan, Georgia, Hong Kong, Tajikistan, Lebanon, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Sri Lanka, Syria, the Philippines, Jordan, Myanmar (Burma), Yemen, Abkhazia, Afghanistan, Cambodia, North Korea, Qatar, South Ossetia, and Pakistan (42 reports in total).
A brief review of Russia's trade with Asian countries in 2018
The share of Asian countries in Russia's total trade (exports and imports) rose from 38.37% in 2017 to 38.63% in 2018.
The share of Asian countries in Russia's total exports rose from 36.70% in 2017 to 36.73% in 2018.
The share of Asian countries in Russia's total imports rose from 41.00% in 2017 to 42.20% in 2018.
The major trading partners of Russia in Asia in 2018:
- The top ten Russia's trade partners in Asia in 2018 were China (15.7362% of Russia's total foreign trade), Turkey (3.7146%), South Korea (3.6100%), Japan (3.0914%), Kazakhstan (2.6477%), India (1.5952%), Taiwan (0.9658%), Vietnam (0.8838%), Uzbekistan (0.6371%), and Singapore (0.5318%);
- The top ten Russia's export markets in Asia in 2018 were China (12.4600% of Russia's total exports), Turkey (4.7437%), South Korea (3.9630%), Kazakhstan (2.8721%), Japan (2.7676%), India (1.7229%), Taiwan (1.0005%), Uzbekistan (0.7380%), Singapore (0.6200%), and Vietnam (0.5461%);
- The top ten Russia's import suppliers from Asia in 2018 were China (21.9264% of Russia's total imports), Japan (3.7032%), South Korea (2.9431%), Kazakhstan (2.2238%), Turkey (1.7703%), Vietnam (1.5217%), India (1.3540%), Taiwan (0.9003%), Thailand (0.7792%), and Indonesia (0.7203%).
The most notable changes in Russia's trade with the countries of Asia in 2018 over 2017:
- The share of Kazakhstan in Russia's total exports declined from 3.4513% in 2017 to 2.8721% in 2018;
- The share of Iraq in Russia's total exports declined 2.3-fold from 0.3928% in 2017 to 0.1701% in 2018;
- The share of Indonesia in Russia's total imports declined from 1.0944% in 2017 to 0.7203% in 2018.
The reports are publicly available here: http://en.russian-
For more information on Russian foreign trade, visit http://en.russian-