Invitation to Northern California South Bay Tenants Assembly in San Jose
Please join the first ever countywide South Bay Tenants Assembly on Saturday, March 16 from 10AM to 3PM at Laborers Local 270 Hall, 2195 Fortune Drive in San Jose (North San Jose near the Great Mall)
By: Affordable Housing Authority
There is a solution, and it is in our hands. Tenants are the backbone of Silicon Valley. They may not have much money in their pockets, but their numbers are large enough to change government policies and determine election outcomes. Our cause is just, and when we get out our message to the public, we win. But in order to do this, we need to organize.
The purpose of the South Bay Tenants Assembly is to empower tenants and develop leaders to advance renters rights. Some of our goals include:
· Build unity around renters rights all across Silicon Valley, from Mountain View to Milpitas, from East Palo Alto to San Jose and beyond.
· Exchange information, resources, and experiences.
· Educate each other around renters rights, strategies, and base building.
· Develop a common vision around housing as a human right.
· Establish clear priorities and plans for 2019 and 2020.
We intend to build on the rich experiences we have already accumulated:
The South Bay Tenants Assembly will take place from 10 am to 3 pm on Saturday, March 16. It will be held at the Laborers Local 270 Hall, 2195 Fortune Drive in San Jose (in north San Jose near the Great Mall). Lunch, childcare, and Spanish and Vietnamese translation will be provided. Please join us!
Learn more: https://www.facebook.com/
Silicon Valley Renters Rights Coalition
Mountain View Tenants Coalition
Sunnyhills Tenants Association (Milpitas)
Sunnyvale Tenants Union
De Anza Renters Rights Campaign
Community Agency for Resources, Advocacy, and Service (CARAS) (Gilroy)