CFIUS & Team Telecom | April 24-25, 2019
- Feb. 15, 2019
-- American Conference Institute announces the rescheduling of two events in the aftermath of the government shutdown. The 5th National Conference on CFIUS & Team Telecom will take place on April 24-25, 2019 at the Westin D.C. City Center in Washington, D.C. The 2nd
National Forum on FOCI, a pre-conference seminar, will be held the day before on April 23.
The fully updated 5th
National Conference on CFIUS & Team Telecom will address the most pressing issues affecting CFIUS, including the expansion of CFIUS jurisdiction under FIRRMA and the new CFIUS review timelines and filing process. Through 1 ½ comprehensive days of presentations, discussions, and networking, the next steps for team telecom will be identified and assessed.
Hear directly from senior government officials, including:
- Matthew S. Borman, Deputy Assistant Secretary of Commerce, Export Administration, U.S. Department of Commerce
- Tyrone Brown, Deputy Chief, Foreign Investment Reviews Staff, U.S. Department of Justice
- Loyaan Egal, Deputy Chief for Telecom, U.S. Department of Justice
- Sanchi Jayaram, Chief, Foreign Investment and Corporate Engagement, U.S. Department of Justice
- Christa Brzozowski, Deputy Assistant Secretary, Senior Policy Analyst, U.S. Department of Homeland Security
- Kathleen Collins, Assistant Bureau Chief, International Bureau, Federal Communications Commission
- Adam Hickey, Deputy Assistant Attorney General, National Security Division, U.S. Department of Justice
- David Stapleton, Acting Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense, Industrial Policy, U.S. Department of Defense
For more details, including a full agenda, faculty lists, and brochure, visit: www.AmericanConference.com/CFIUS
The full-day 2nd
National Forum on FOCI, which precedes the conference, will deliver key insights into the transition of DSS policy, specific FOCI risks, and the intersection of FOCI mitigation with the recent passing of the anticipated CFIUS Reform (FIRRMA).
Hear from and discuss challenges with officials from government, industry and private practice, including:
- Gerard F. Amann, General Counsel & Secretary Chief Ethics & Compliance Officer, Accenture Federal Services LLC
- Jennifer Kies Mammen, Counsel, Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner LLP
- Jennifer Brown, Director of Security & FSO/TCO, iDirect Government Technologies
- James D. Harris, Senior Counsel, Holland & Knight LLP
- Stanley J. Borgia, Vice President, Corporate & Defense Program Security, Rolls-Royce North America Inc.
- Chris Griner, Partner, Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Thomas Langer, Vice President of Security, BAE Systems Inc.
For a complete list of speakers, full agenda, and brochure, visit: www.AmericanConference.com/FOCI
# # #
A unique organization, American Conference Institute is devoted to providing the business intelligence that senior decision-makers need to respond to challenges both here in the US, and around the world.
Staffed by industry specialists, lawyers and other professionals, American Conference Institute operates as a think-tank, monitoring trends and developments in all major industry sectors, the law, and public policy, with a view to providing information on the leading edge.