Gladdy's Goodies A Healthy Alternative Dog Treat
By: Gladdy's Goodies
We pride ourselves on being a family run business that makes each bag of treats by hand, with love – never automated or made by machines. We take the time to find the BEST ingredients money can buy – and if we won't eat it your dog won't either.
In order to make a healthy treat that Gladdy could eat, we had to cut out all the additive ingredients. Those include:
• By-Products (see quote below)
• Additives (Colors, dyes, artificial flavors)
• Fat Content – our treats have under 3% fat
• Preservatives (salts, etc)
Why do companies add these things into your dogs food and treats? It's simple it allows them to use less meat so they can still sell their product for a decent price and get a high profit from it. Most treats are more than 60% of the things mentioned above meaning it's 40% or less filled with actual good meat which means you pay less and get less! Our treats are pure 100% chicken, salmon, beef, pork, sweet potato, and turkey.
The definition of a meat byproduct is: "the non-rendered, clean parts, other than meat, derived from slaughtered mammals. It includes, but is not limited to lungs, spleen, kidneys, brain, livers, blood, bone, partially defatted low temperature fatty tissue, & stomachs & intestines freed of their contents
To make a quality treat we remove those items above and hand cut every single piece by hand. We take time preparing the meat (inspecting it for quality and texture – removing all fats and excess things not needed for our treats. Then we set the treats in our dryers and dry them to perfection – not too crunchy, not to soft. Then we place them to air dry before placing them in the package to sell. This helps the drying process continue after the ovens and helps evaporate any moisture the meat has left on the treats from drying. We package each bag with a food safe silica pouch to control the moisture in the bag preserving freshness!
What you get is a treat that's
• Less than 3% fat
• Not processed so it's PURE meat what ever flavor it may be
• Not all strips are the same size and thickness because we don't use processing and fillers – showing you purchased a quality product
• Because it has no extra ingredients and is low in fat – the treats are healthy alternatives for your dog or cat to processed treats. They can help them lose weight (as long as they aren't over fed the treats) and they can be enjoyed by dogs with or without chronic illnesses (Gladdy has Pancreatitis)
• You get a treat that has your dogs best interest and health at heart by people who adore animals and not the almighty dollar.
• A treat you can be comfortable giving your furfriend regardless of size