Tourist Arrivals in Nepal Crosses 1 Million Mark in The Year 2018
According to the Nepal Tourism Board, the total number of 11,727,72 tourists visited Nepal in 2018. This number is made by adding a number of tourists traveling from the airways and From Nepal- India highway.
Attempts in tourism revival after the earthquake
According to Deepakraj Joshi, CEO of the Nepal Tourism Board, there was a lot of efforts in this period to overcome the negligence of the international market in Nepal. After the earthquake, attention from media across the world was attracted to Nepal. Negative news spread to Nepal through the photos, videos and news of the highly-affected area.
It is known that Nepal's mass media campaign, Nepal tour packages of the famous celebrity of the world, has shown presence in digital media. In addition, the positive situation inside the house also played a role in tourism. Social media played a very vital role in the revival of tourism in Nepal.
Some of the major impact that helped in reviving the Nepal tourism:
- Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi's visit to Janakpur, Pashupatinath, and Muktinath
- Blogger participating in the Himalayan Travel Mart, the publication of the media through international media
- Targeted Target Tourism Campaign, India and China Target Promotion Campaign
Nepal's involvement in 40 Mais Event and 42 Sales Mission in Nepal
- Media workers, Blogger, International tour operators, farm trips in about 400 people in Nepal
- Impact of Europe's Year 2017
- Virality of Nepal as a tourism destination in social media such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter etc;
By: Bibek Raj Adhikari | Managing Director
Visit us at https://www.travelsmithnepal.com/
Travelsmith Nepal Private Limited