900th GD CAREpoint Slated for North Carolina Hospital
By: General Devices (GD)
Mission Hospital continues to lead the way in the region by improving patient care through enhanced communications between regional Emergency Medical Services (EMS) first responders, the Emergency Department (ED), and care providers throughout the hospital system. Already recognized as a "Most Wired" hospital and a longtime customer-partner of GD, the new GD CAREpoint Workstations are its 3rd & 4th units, expanding capabilities for critical communication with ambulances.
GD, developer and manufacturer of the industry leading medical device that provides essential communications and telemedicine for connecting EMS and hospitals, has been shipping the current version CAREpoint 2.0, since 2012. "We are proud to have hit this milestone", say Henry Rodzen, VP of Manufacturing for GD. As a med-tech company, our dedicated team from engineering through manufacturing is 'All-In' for every customer. "Providing Responsive Innovation for public safety responders and care providers is what we do best." Rodzen added.
The new GD CAREpoints will give Mission Hospital the ability to further:
· Consolidate communications to better prepare the ED for patient arrival and handoff aimed at reducing time to treatment.
· Record and share radio, mobile, landlines, text, multi-media messaging, and live video.
· Capture and manage 12-lead ECGs from all monitors along with other patient data obtained in the field.
· Provide secure time-sensitive pre-arrival notifications to cardiac, neuro and trauma teams.
· Answer an EMS call remotely (including the radio) via a mobile device.
· Generate reports to identify trends and promote quality and efficiencies related to EMS care and workflows processes for acute care.
About Mission Hospital
Mission Hospital, located in Asheville, North Carolina, is a not-for-profit hospital that serves as the regional referral center for tertiary and quaternary care in western North Carolina and the adjoining regions. Mission Hospital is licensed for 730 beds and houses the region's only dedicated Level II trauma center. It also includes Mission Children's Hospital – the region's only children's hospital. The flagship hospital of Mission Health, Mission Hospital was ranked as one of the nation's "Top 100 Hospitals" by Truven Health Analytics from 2009 to 2015. For more information, please visit missionhealth.org/
GD (General Devices) enables smarter patient care by empowering hospitals, EMS, mobile integrated healthcare, community paramedicine, and public safety responders with the most comprehensive, interactive, configurable, affordable, and integrated medical team communication and mobile telemedicine solutions. The benefits of which are enhanced workflows, minimized risk, reduced costs, and improved patient outcomes. GD's innovative solutions like CAREpoint Workstation and e-Bridge Mobile Telemedicine touch over 15,000 patient lives daily. Learn more at general-devices.com.
GD (General Devices)