The Bear Creek School Hosts Fifth Annual Academic and College Planning Night
Keynote Panel: Application Case Studies
How Do Colleges Interpret and Prioritize All Aspects of the College Application?
- Nate Mannetter, Gonzaga University, Assistant Director of Admission
- Ruth C. Schauble, Whitworth University, Associate Director of Admissions
- Jarrod Larse, Oregon State University, Regional Admissions Advisor
Bear Creek faculty and staff will present 16 breakout sessions on a wide variety of topics, including:
- The Admissions Process at Highly Selective Colleges
- Athletics at the College Level
- Telling Your Story: Tips for Writing an Amazing College Essay
- The Journey to Selecting a College
- Leadership Skills for the 21st Century
- Standardized Tests Defined
Families with students in grades 5 through 12 are invited. The evening is designed so that every student and parent will find sessions relevant and interesting. Check in at 5:30 p.m. for the Bear Creek admissions program or at 6:15 p.m. for the seminar program; the keynote begins at 6:30 p.m.
To see a complete list of session topics, event schedule, and to register for the event, visit http://www.tbcs.org/
About The Bear Creek School
Founded in 1988, in Redmond, Washington, The Bear Creek School is an independent classical Christian school that believes only when faith, mind, and heart are fed together can students experience the fullness of education which produces leaders who think well and are compelled to engage the world.
Celebrating 30 years and recognized as a 2014 National Blue Ribbon School, Bear Creek serves students from the greater Eastside and is housed on two campuses. Redmond Campus on Union Hill serves kindergarten to grade 12 students. Valley Campus, also in Redmond, serves preschool students. The Bear Creek School is accredited by the Northwest Association of Independent Schools and AdvancED/Northwest Accreditation Commission.