New Executive Director Takes Helm at MFI Recovery Center
Melinda Drake assumes lead at 10-location detox and recovery treatment center in Riverside
By: MFI Recovery Center (MFI)
This talented treatment professional has spent much of her career in behavioral health at state agencies and nonprofits, on both the business and service side. In those capacities, she has overseen programs and advocated and innovated on behalf of children and families. Dr. Drake has more than 20 years of experience as a social worker clinician, program director, clinical director, executive director and CEO. Not one to sit back and watch, Drake takes advantage of opportunities to improve treatment programs and processes, whether through grant-writing or expanding programs that often serve as models for other organizations. Throughout her career, she has consistently served others with compassion and care.
About Dr. Drake
· Melinda studied at the University of South Carolina in Columbia and Limestone College, both in South Carolina, and at the University of the Philippines.
· A lifelong learner, she earned a master's degree in social work in 1997, followed by a doctorate in business administration in 2000 and then another master's degree, this time in computer resources and information management, in 2003.
· Originally from the Philippines, she arrived in New York when she was 17.
· Her work experience in the behavioral health field began with the Williamsburg County Department of Social Services and South Carolina Governor's Office Continuum of Care.
· While working on the business side of social services, Melinda found it hard to watch foster children moved from one place to another, carrying their belongings in garbage bags. This inspired her to write her first grant, which was successful.
· That experience motivated her to become a social worker.
· Melinda also worked with co-occurring psychiatric and developmental disorders at Willowglen Academy in South Carolina, which provides residential, and day treatment services.
· At Willowglen, she initially acted as a clinician involved with day-to-day interventions, then as a program director for the day treatment, as a clinical director and, finally, as an executive director from 2007 to 2009.
· She was also the director of outpatient services at The Canyon at Santa Monica from 2013 and became the dual director, overseeing Foundations Los Angeles at Encino and The Canyon at Santa Monica from 2016 to 2017.
· She was the Executive Director for Insight Health and Wellness, where she developed a truly integrated behavioral health system addressing the chronic nature of addiction and mental health illness.
"We are pleased to welcome Dr. Drake to MFI Recovery Center," said Director of Marketing Renee Mullings. "We look forward to seeing the ways she will help us move forward."
About MFI Recovery Center
Throughout 10 facilities in Riverside and San Bernardino Counties, we employ the Matrix Method for each individual client, creating a personalized treatment program. Various modalities can include behavior modification, 12-Step recovery program introduction, cognitive behavioral therapy, and family systems techniques, including the family in group therapy. Treatment options include outpatient and inpatient detox (https://www.mfirecovery.com/
Renee Mullings, Director of Marketing