Turbans And Tales - Exclusive Book launch on 24th January 2019
The Creative duo Amit and Naroop share stories from their soon to be released book, "Turbans and Tales": 34 Photographs And StoriesTo Showcase The Sikh Identity And Culture
The Creative duo shared stories from their soon to be released book, "Turbans and Tales", which has been in the making for four years, following on from the global success of their recognised project called, 'The Singh Project'.
'The Singh Project' stemmed from a personal project of 34 images the duo photographed and wanted to share which portrayed a collection of impactful and powerful images of Sikhs wearing turbans who had beards. The images were captured to break the stigma and taboo of a generalised Sikh man wearing a turban, they wanted to share a diverse range of Sikh individuals in turbans portraying identity and style from all professional backgrounds which included magicians, boxers, entrepreneurs, well-known personalities and doctors.
The new release "Turbans and Tales" is a photographic book with 245 pages celebrating the powerful identity of Sikhs;
"This is a book showcasing Sikh identity, it is a book for everyone to read and be proud of what they look like and who they are." said Amit and Naroop about their book.
The book combines a deep passion for portrait photography with the interest of the Sikh identity; each of the portraits are accompanied with the words from the subjects: their tales about stories of their experiences, what their turban means to them, how it makes them feel, how people perceive them, why their identity is important and more.
"Turbans and Tales" is due to launch on the 24th January and will be available in Waterstones and it is available to pre-order online at Amazon. (https://www.amazon.co.uk/
Notes To Editors
• Amit and Naroop www.amitandnaroop.com are a Creative duo and formed their partnership in 2003. Turbans and Tales is due to launch on Thursday 24th January 2019, further information can be found; www.turbansandtales.com
• The Creative duo first gained recognition of their work together in the music Industry having worked with recognised music artists such as Tine Tempah, 50 Cent and Jay Sean.
• Today their portfolio consists of high profile contracts within advertising and portraiture including Dynamo Magician, Ricky Gervais, The Kaiser Chiefs, Riz Ahmed, Barclays, Samsung, Wellman, BBC, Discovery, MTV, Sunsilk and Huawei, all interpreted with their characteristic passion and intense visual style.
• Amit and Naroop both work as mentors for the Princes Trust and for Teenage Cancer Trust helping young, aspiring photographers to realise their dreams.
• Through their photography, they also aim to raise awareness on topics and issues that they feel passionate about. The Singh Project is close to their heart. A marriage of their faith and talent, it represents their identity as British born photographers and their Punjabi, Sikh root which today is where Turbans and Tales was born from.
The book is available to pre-order on Amazon (https://amzn.to/