News By Tag
News By Place
BizTechReports Analyst Roundup on Blockchain, Fintech, System-on-Chip, AI, & Connected Devices
New insights from: Gartner, Juniper Research, IDC, Technavio and Parks Associates
Blockchain, Fintech, System-on-Chip (SOC), AI in Asia/Pacific, and Connected Consumer Devices were among the areas of focus and insights offered by leading industry analysts and experts this week.
* Gartner: Blockchain remains a popular topic, but supply chain leaders are failing to find suitable use cases. By 2023, the analysts say 90 percent of blockchain-based supply chain initiatives will suffer 'blockchain fatigue' due to a lack of strong use cases. A Gartner supply chain technology survey of user wants and needs found that only 19 percent of respondents ranked blockchain as a very important technology for their business, and only 9 percent have invested in it.
* Juniper Research: Fintech platform revenues will reach $638 billion by 2024, up from an estimated $263 billion in 2019. Juniper says technologies such as machine learning, Big Data analytics and blockchain will be the cornerstone of fintech platforms and will fundamentally alter the way financial services are delivered.
* IDC: Asia/Pacific spending on artificial intelligence (AI) systems is forecast to reach nearly $5.5 billion in 2019, an increase of almost 80 percent versus 2018. As industries invest aggressively in projects that utilize AI software capabilities, IDC expects spending on AI systems will increase to $15.06 billion in 2022 with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 50 percent over the 2018-2022 forecast period.
* Technavio: The global system-on-chips (SoC) market will grow at a combined annual growth rate (CAGR) of more than 6 percent between 2019 and 2023. Among the key drivers is 5G, which is gaining immense global popularity.There have been numerous investments in 5G globally in recent times, which is creating high demand for 5G network infrastructure.
* Parks Associates: Sales of connected consumer devices — including networked cameras, security systems, and connected health devices — will exceed 520 million units by 2022. The report presents the opportunities emerging from this wealth of residential devices and details strategies for service providers to operate in the smart home market in ways that leverage their strengths while avoiding the pitfalls of past efforts. "A future-flexible platform is a critical component for success in the IoT because smart strategies represent a long-term investment,"
To access summaries of these reports visit BizTechReports (https://www.biztechreports.com).
Executive Podcasts From BizTechReports:
Do your thought leaders have an interesting story to tell about emerging technologies and digital transformation?
888-705-8815 ext 2
Page Updated Last on: May 28, 2019