StartupWind Launches Free Online Courses to Promote Entrepreneurial Learning
StartupWind's online video-based courses enable entrepreneurs to get started on their entrepreneurial journey, develop their ideas step-by-step and build a compelling business plan to help with a foundation for successful execution.
By: NorCal Press
Entrepreneurs come across problems in their daily life and ideas to solve them. Most of these ideas remain raw, quickly die and never see the light of the day because:
• Entrepreneurs lack the knowhow of taking a raw idea and developing it into a viable business plan and compelling investor pitch.
• Without the lack of this knowhow, the friction the entrepreneurs face is tremendous and hence many people don't end up pursuing their own businesses or fail quickly if they pursue.
• Entrepreneurship courses offered at top tier universities are expensive and available only to a limited population.
• The experiential knowledge of commercializing idea, scaling revenues and building a sustainable business is in the heads of industry executives and not available easily in the form of textbooks.
StartupWind entrepreneurship courses are created to reduce this friction for entrepreneurs so that they can learn the fundamentals of entrepreneurship and the practical knowhow of how to get started and develop their ventures. StartupWind's initial courses focus on Lean Startup Methodology, Ideation, Design Thinking, Customer Discovery, Business Model Canvas, Business Planning and creating a Minimum Viable Product (MVP). When paired with intuitive tools on StartupWind platform for Ideation, Customer Discovery, Business Model Canvas, and Business Planning the courses will help the entrepreneurs to transform their ideas into compelling business plans that they can build and execute on.
Key elements of the initial series of StartupWind online courses are:
• These courses are accessible to all registered users on StartupWind platform for FREE.
• The courses are self-paced and video-based thus providing flexibility for entrepreneurs to learn at their own pace.
• Each module will feature a short quiz which will help learners track their progress.
• Along with the assignments, learners will also be able to access specialized tools on StartupWind for Ideation, Customer Discovery, Business Model Canvas, and Business Planning, which will help them apply their learnings towards developing their ideas, determining a product-market fit and building a compelling business plan in a step-by-step manner.
Commenting on StartupWind's entrepreneurship courses, Professor Mohan Sawhney, a globally recognized scholar, thought leader, speaker, and professor at Northwestern's Kellogg School of Management, said, "StartupWind's entrepreneurship courses are a great way for first-time entrepreneurs to learn the conceptual frameworks and tools to kick-start their ventures without having to take formal coursework or going to graduate school. The courses are free, self-paced and available on demand. This makes them very useful for entrepreneurs who have limited time and money for formal education."
Sheryl Waddell, Director, Global Innovate Carolina Network, said, "We chose StartupWind because it met a number of requirements as we support the I&E ecosystem at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. The educational content offered through online video-based courses on the topics of entrepreneurship coupled with the Ideation & Business Model Canvas capabilities are especially helpful in helping student entrepreneurs in our incubation program. We were impressed with the platform's ability to bridge connections between entrepreneurs for team formation and fostering peer-to-peer feedback on ideas."
Naren Patil, the founder StartupWind said, "We are very excited make top quality entrepreneurship coursework available for masses so that lack of knowhow won't stop you from pursuing your dream. StartupWind's frameworks and tools for Ideatio, and Business Planning along with the courses enable entrepreneurs to transform their raw ideas into solid business plans. StartupWind is committed to helping entrepreneurs all over the globe with intuitive online tools and engaging content from world-class experts. We are looking forward to launching more courses to reduce friction for entrepreneurs."
Headquartered in Santa Clara, California; StartupWind unveils a new way to connect, ideate, fund and scale startups. StartupWind has been delivering impact to about 20,000 users affiliated to over 100 universities in the world who have created over 2,000 ideas, 1,500 Business Model Canvases, tens of thousands of customer interviews and hundreds of business plans using StartupWind's tools and frameworks.
Please visit http://www.startupwind.com for more information.
Contact: Uday Dhanikonda: 1 408 250 1496