The "2 Guyz On Marketing" Set To Release 2018 "baddie Awards" For Bad Marketing And Advertising
The 2 Guyz On Marketing blog/vlog, authored by two marketing consultants and university educators, have created their first ever list of the worst in marketing!
"There are many different awards for great marketing," said Londre, "but as educators of marketing and advertising, we feel it's just as important to look at bad planning, creative, and execution to help students and businesses not make the same mistakes."
This year's list includes individuals including Michael Avenatti and LeVar Ball, and major brands such as Ford, Diet Coke, and Burger King, among others. The group represents bad marketing, promotion and advertising as analyzed by the 9P's of Marketing ©2007 (Planning, Product, People, Price, Promotion, Place, Partners, Presentation and Passion).
The full list includes:
• Ford – for their commercial with women tied up airing in the heat the #metoo movement
• Burger King – for their ingredients app that was promptly hacked and turned "nugatory"
• Michael Avenatti – for nearly everything he said to build…and then destroy his personal brand
• Movie Pass – for a marketing blunder that reminds us of the dot.com bubble bursts
• Papa John's John Schnatter – for suing his own company and driving stock and sales in a downward tumble
• LaVar Ball – for creating a long list of enemies and driving the Baller brand into the ground
• Ford – for a local dealership advertising "smoking hot" deals during the deadly California fires burning just a few miles away
• Diet Coke – for a campaign that missed and jumped the "cool" shark with millennials
• Political Advertising – for advertising as a whole, with negative ads dominated by visuals of Trump and Pelosi, neither of whom were running for office
• Domino's – for the Russian franchisee, and the now famous Domino's Forever tattoo campaign
"This year had a lot of really bad marketing moves to choose from," said Brian Hemsworth, the other one of The 2 Guyz On Marketing. "Somewhat surprising was how bad the individuals were at marketing their brands. Michael Avenatti, LaVar Ball, and John Schnatter all seemed to open their mouths and do more damage to their brands then help."
The complete list can be found at The 2 Guyz On Marketing's website, 2guyzonmarketing.com. The 2 Guyz will also release a video on their YouTube channel in the coming days.
The 2 Guyz On Marketing are both classically trained marketing professionals, with MBA, and tons of years of experience at top advertising agencies, followed by years of consulting, teaching at universities including USC, Pepperdine, and California State University Northridge. The 2 Guyz can also be found on their YouTube channel with funny yet informative videos on a wide range of marketing topics.
For more information, visit http://2guyzonmarketing.com/
Newman Grace Inc.