Bk2Bk Inc. Announces PillMap, Your Daily Guide
Staggering numbers of hospital admissions and re-admissions are due to caregivers unintentionally over- or under-medicating patients who are at home. Bk2Bk Inc. is proud to announce an elegant solution to this challenge – PillMap™.
By: Bk2Bk Inc.
PillMap™ takes the guesswork out of medication management. It is easily customizable to fit patient and caregiver needs, including maintaining consistency and safety in hand-offs between multiple caregivers:
• Provides an easily-accessible slot for one sample of each pill, which offers a valuable visual reference for each type of medication.
• Stops the guesswork typically involved in making sure patients take the right pills at the right time.
• Is easy to grab-and-go, which is helpful for trips to the doctor's office or emergency room.
• Eliminates the need for caregivers to memorize patient's daily regimen.
• Personalized, with space to note medication name, dosage, and contact information (on the back of the card):
• Medication name
• Dosage, which can be updated as medication quantity or frequency changes.
• Doctor and specialist information
• Emergency phone numbers
• Benefits of PillMap™
• A visual guide and easy to follow for English and non-English speaking caregivers.
• Allows you the freedom to continue working with your local trusted pharmacist rather than a bureaucratic, faceless online service.
• Empowers you to control the hub of information between doctors, pharmacists, and caregivers.
The PillMap™ Story
Desperate to manage the medication for our 85-year-old grandmother, we used everything from sticky notes and markers to a rudimentary version of PillMap™ we created out of necessity several years ago. Eventually, friends and family began asking us to mock up a PillMap™ for their use, because they saw the effectiveness of such a commonsense system. On the heels of that success, we started working with designers, specialists, and experts to create a tool which will empower you to care for your loved ones.
"We know PillMap™ works because we used it first," says Inventor Kimber Westmore. "As we started using it, we discovered that it gave us more than just a way to schedule medication. It gave us peace of mind. That's why we want to make it available to the general public. We love this product because it lets you put your time and attention on the one you love, instead of on pill bottles."
PillMap™ is an easy 5-Step Process:
1. Complete personal information on both sides of your PillMap™.
2. Fill each compartment with one of each of the pills you or your loved ones takes each day. (Even if you take more than tablet or capsule, just add one sample of each pill to the pouch.) Write the medication name and dosage to the right of the pill. Use pencil or erasable pen so updates can be made when medications and daily regimen change. Add quantities and times of day.
3. Once you have added pills (if you need more than 10 compartments, write "1 of 2" on the first card. Then, use a second PillMap™ and write "2 of 2" on the bottom of the additional card), close the cover to tightly confine the pills.
4. Add the number of pills for each time of day and write the total on the bottom right of PillMap™. This will help care-givers cross reference, so they can recognize if pills go missing or too many appear in the pillbox.
5. Take a picture of the front and back of the completed PillMap™ to send to family members who are involved in care or may need to relay information.
We created PillMap™ because we had our own struggles of managing meds for our loved ones. We've poured our learning and our care into PillMap™, so that you can put your time and your attention to the one you love, instead of to pill bottles. For more information, check out our website (https://pillmap.com/
Kimber Westmore, Founder
Bk2Bk Inc., Inventor of PillMap