World Industrial Photobioreactor Challenge 2019
The Plan: Qualified third-party evaluators will be conducting on- and off-site tests of commercial algae cultivation systems in an unbiased manner to assist potential system purchasers and investors. NAA will be creating a list of comparisons. De-identified data collected will be shared with the algae production industry.
NAA invites all commercial algae cultivation system manufacturers, fabricators and water process engineers in the US and throughout the world to participate in the World Industrial Photobioreactor Challenge. Testing time frames will be 6-12 months.
To help the commercial algae production industry and investment community identify the best commercial algae cultivation systems on the market.
1. All commercial algae cultivation systems must be proven outside the lab and be scalable
2. All commercial algae cultivation systems must have a low CAPEX.
3. Water volume must be at least 1,000 gallons per system.
4. Only polyethylene, polycarbonate, glass tubes, closed-loop tanks and covered raceway ponds will be considered.
Data to be collected:
1. Algae growth rates
2. Grams per liter dry weight
4. Ease of cleaning
5. Energy inputs
6. Use of nutrients/CO2
7. Contamination containment
If you are interested, please contact Barry@nationalalgaeassociation.com to sign the appropriate confidentiality agreements and begin your evaluation.
Page Updated Last on: Nov 08, 2018