The Made in Philadelphia Market Returns to Dilworth Park for the 2018 Season
By: Aversa PR
Now in its 4th season, the Made in Holiday Market returns with the biggest variety ever - including many new food additions and more than 50 vendors in total. The holiday market will spotlight arts, crafts and gifts made and sourced from the Greater Philadelphia region. This charming winter bazaar was conceived and designed to complement Christmas Village in Philadelphia. Christmas Village spotlights gifts and unique finds from around the globe, whereas Made in Philadelphia Holiday Market gives attention to vendors from the tristate area.
Visitors will have the unique chance to shop gifts and products that can't be found at an usual shopping mall - including artwork, home goods, ornaments, sweets, toys, apparel, jewelry, decorations and more. There will be something for everyone on Santa's list!
New vendors French Toast Bites, Kremen Art and Chardonnay Go Board Game will join the festivities while crowd's favorite vendors like Saffron Creations, Independent Makers of Philadelphia and Philly Word Art are coming back to make it the year with the biggest variety ever.
An early list of vendors and their wares is as follows:
* Kremen Art - Street art muralist
* Chardonnay Go Board Game - Fun board game for wine lovers
* Local Artisan Food - French toast bites
* Jalma Farms - Plum jams and syrup
* Bartram's Hollow - Botanical body products, 2D art, and jewelry
* Philly Word Art - Handwritten word art prints & decor
* Wise Owl & Saffron Creations - Unique, eco conscious accessories & handmade jewelry made out of upcycled printed metal
* Woops! - French macarons & cookies
* Beaucycled - Handcrafted vintage-inspired succulent arrangements, jewelry and knit
* WGK Glass - Glass-blown figures, jewelry and ornaments
* Bopbe - Handcrafted jewelry made out of natural stones, shells and gold
* Bella U - Handmade jewelry, clothing, accessories, and home goods
* IMOP Philly – Handmade Goods: Pottery, Jewelry and Arts
* Philly Souvenir – Philadelphia Themed Ornaments
* Down to Earth Bodyshop – Skin Therapy Products
* MAS Scarves – Scarves made from factory overstock fabrics
* Lit Up Illuminations – Soy candles in upcycled beer bottles
* Analog Watch Co. – Watches from Wood or Marble
* Chalk me up - T-shirts for kids writable with chalk
* Wireworx - Wire art and jewelry
* Peaceramics - Ceramic tree ornaments
* The Cannoli Café - Cannoli and muffins
As visitors stroll through the vendors and check off their lists, they will also have the chance to experience live crafting demonstrations and artists making their wares. Enjoy the show and watch them how they use clay, glass, metal, wire and more to craft their unique products that will be sold at the market.
Visitors are also invited to warm up with hot cocoa and hot cider, plus a selection of Lacas coffee and teas. Holiday sweets and foods this year will also include fries and finishing sauces, a variety of sausages, Philadelphia pretzels, funnel cake, french macarons, pickles, sugar cookies, popcorn, cannoli and more. New food additions for 2018 include South Philly style Italian sausages, Philly cheese sausages, chicken skewers, Belgian fries and more.
While the white tents topped with beautiful stars will charm the exterior of City Hall, visitors will again find the dazzling Christmas Village Carousel inside the courtyard. The whimsical, ornate and grand carousel at the center of the City Hall Courtyard will give children of all ages a new holiday tradition. The 15 wood carved horses will be joined by five special reindeer and a Christmas sleigh this year for added fun. Rides on the Christmas Village Carousel are $3.00 each. As an added bonus, don't miss additional Christmas Village vendors set up around the City Hall Courtyard to compliment the carousel.
Admission to the market is free and carousel rides are $3.00 each. Food, drink and shopping are pay-as-you-go. Follow @philaholidays on Instagram, like Made in Philadelphia Holiday Market on Facebook and visit www.madeinphila.com. Look for the full list of vendors on the website in early November.
Made in Philadelphia Holiday Market Dates and Hours:
First Day: Saturday, November 17, 2018
Last Day: Tuesday, January 1, 2019
Sunday - Thursday: 11:00am - 7:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 11:00am - 8:00pm
Thanksgiving Day: 9:00am - 5:00pm
Black Friday: 9:00am - 8:00pm
Christmas Eve 11:00am - 5:00pm
Christmas Day: closed
1 S 15th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19102
(Outside City Hall)