Leverage the Power of Your Expertise
A sure fire way to ensure lasting success in your business is to become THE expert. As the "go to" person in your field, you position yourself as a person of influence.
Being generous with your light means that you make yourself visible, so that people who are looking for what you have to offer can find you.
Distinguishing yourself as THE EXPERT sets you apart from the competition. Sure, there may be others who do what you do, they may have a "like" business, but when you are THE EXPERT, no one does business like you do.
Two effective actions that you can take right now, that will re-position yourself as the expert in any field:
• Leverage the power of what you already know, then gain additional training.
• Focus on one skill at a time, don't try to be a "jack of all trades"
Additionally, developing habits that foster ongoing professional development will not only increase your knowledge, but the following actions will also sharpen your skills…
• Study–Reading books. Take online courses. Watch videos. Attend seminars. Learn from other experts within the field will go a long way towards developing your expertise.
• Practice–Do what you learn. By practicing what you learn, you are going much deeper into what it takes to be an expert in that field–working out the kinks, investigating and solving problems not covered through studying and instruction alone.
• Present–Find ways to document your knowledge. Create a blog, social media platform, or journal that highlight your expertise. Write or speak at a conference about the trials and the resolutions so that others can learn from you. Teaching what you have learned to others will push you even further toward your goal of mastering your field.
Training is key. Ongoing training is even more important because it keeps you relevant.
Never stop learning.
Take your knowledge to the next level.
Re-position yourself as an expert in your field.
Are you an aspiring coach? >>>
Need help growing your business? >>>
Emerging Black Women Entrepreneurs