- Oct. 30, 2018
-- Kaweah Delta is one of America's best 50 Best Hospitals™ for Cardiac Surgery and one of America's 100 Best Hospitals™ for Cardiac Care, according to a national study released this week by Healthgrades. Kaweah Delta is just one of a seven hospitals in California, and the only one in the Central Valley, to receive the distinction as one of America's 50 Best Hospitals™ in Cardiac Surgery. Additionally, it is one of only 10 hospitals in California, and the only one in the Central Valley, to be named one of America's 100 Best Hospitals for Overall Cardiac Care.
The achievement is part of findings released this week in the Healthgrades 2019 Report to the Nation
. The new report demonstrates how clinical performance differs dramatically between hospitals nationally, regionally and at the local level, and the impact that this variation has on health outcomes. For the 2019 Report to the Nation, Healthgrades compared Specialty Excellence Award Recipients as a group, to all other hospitals, as a group, and found from 2015-2017, patients treated at hospitals receiving the America's 100 Best Hospitals for Cardiac Care Award have, on average: 26.9% lower risk of dying than if they were treated in hospitals that did not receive the award. Patients treated at hospitals which did not receive the America's 50 Best Hospitals for Cardiac Surgery Award are, on average: 2.04 times more likely to die than if they were treated at hospitals that did receive the award.*
*Statistics are based on Healthgrades analysis of MedPAR data for years 2015 through 2017 and represent 3-year estimates for Medicare patients only.
The report also recognized Kaweah Delta with the following awards and star ratings:
Kaweah Delta is a publicly-owned community healthcare organization that provides comprehensive health services to the greater Visalia region and Tulare County. For more information, visit www.kaweahdelta.org.
- A Healthgrades Cardiac Care Excellence Award™ for 2 Years in a Row (2018-2019)
- Recipient of the Healthgrades Cardiac Surgery Excellence Award™ for 3 Years in a Row (2017-2019)
- Five-Star Recipient for Coronary Bypass Surgery for 3 Years in a Row (2017-2018)
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Heart Attack for 3 Years in a Row (2017-2019)
- Five-Star Recipient for Hip Fracture Treatment for 2 Years in a Row (2017-2018)
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Stroke for 5 Years in a Row (2015-2019)
- Named Among the Top 5% in the Nation for Overall Pulmonary Services in 2019
- Recipient of the Healthgrades Pulmonary Care Excellence Award™ for 6 years in a Row (2014-2019)
- Named Among the Top 10% in the Nation for Overall Pulmonary Services for 6 years in a row (2014-2019)
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Pneumonia for 6 Years in a Row (2014-2019)
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
- Five-Star Recipient for Esophageal/Stomach Surgeries for 3 Years in a Row (2017-2019)
- Five-Star Recipient for Gallbladder Removal Surgery in 2019
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Sepsis for 7 Years in a Row (2013-2019)
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Respiratory Failure in 2019