Ontario - What's In Your Blue Bin?
We survey a number of companies, and found that 70% of companies found that their employees disposed of confidential information inappropriately - even though office shredders were readily available. These numbers are concerning, given that 53% of identity theft involves printed documents.
To help this, Blue-Pencil has launched the What's In Your Blue Bin initiative to ensure that companies across Ontario keep their data safe and secure!
To find out if your company's waste management policies need updating, ask the following questions:
1. Do you periodically screen/audit your waste systems for sensitive information?
2. Are you completely certain that employees are properly and securely disposing of documents?
3. Do you have a designated Privacy or Security Office responsible for document security?
4. Do you have a formal document destruction policy in place?
5. Are new and existing employees properly trained on how to handle confidential information?
6. Do you audit your information destruction service provider's security procedures?
If you answered "No" to any of these questions - get in touch with us to see how we can help! https://www.whatsinyourbluebin.ca/
Page Updated Last on: Oct 24, 2018