Easterseals Midwest Hosts Autism Conference Series in Springfield, MO, October 13
Nationally Known Developmental Disability and Autism Experts to Present at Ozark Technical Community College
By: Easterseals Midwest
Featured speaker Amber Hawkins, an Easterseals licensed and board-certified behavior analyst, will present autism behavior basics for parents, family members, friends, caregivers, employers, educators, and professionals to broaden their understanding and interpersonal interaction with the one in 59 individuals who will be diagnosed with autism this year.
"Autism touches so many lives in so many ways. We've seen a growing demand for both education and support for individuals with autism. This conference is one way we can bring together experts, professionals, and educators to do just that." Christine Breig, Southwest Missouri Autism Services Director for Easterseals Midwest
The conference is free for families referred by Easterseals Midwest, and respite is available for caregivers. To register for the October 13 Easterseals Midwest Autism Conference Series in Springfield, visit eastersealsautismseries.com or call (417) 890-1399, X7901.
Conference workshops and presentations include:
· Bobbi Moseley – A parent who shares her personal experience raising a daughter with autism.
· Megan Scott – A board certified music therapist who will discuss the how and why music therapy is an effective therapy modality, how to implement music in their classrooms and homes, and give hands on experience at writing social stories set to music.
· Fontana Young – A college-educated professional diagnosed on the autism spectrum will share her personal journey of challenges, triumphs, and what she learned along the way.
· Todd Gentry – A Certified Financial Planner and a Chartered Financial Consultant with more than 20 years of financial services experience specializing with serving individuals and families with developmentally disabled loved ones. He will discuss Missouri ABLE, (Achieving a Better Life Experience) accounts.
The Springfield Easterseals Autism Conference begins at 8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. at Ozark Technical Community College, in Lincoln Hall, Room 211, located at 1001 E. Chestnut Expressway, Springfield, MO, 65802.
The 2018 Easterseals Midwest Autism Conference Series is comprised of five conferences that will be held throughout Missouri. Springfield kicks off the series with upcoming conference locations and dates that include:
· November 1 – Cape Girardeau, MO
· November 14 -- Kansas City
· November 14 -- Columbia, MO
· November 16 – St. Louis
Ann Marie Mayuga,
About Easterseals Midwest
Easterseals Midwest is a nonprofit organization changing the way the world defines and views disability by making profound, positive differences in people's lives every day. The organization employs nearly 2,000 employees delivering services to more than 4,800 individuals statewide through four divisions: Autism Services, Community Living Services, Early Childhood Services and Employment Services. For more information, visit www.easterseals.com/
Ann Marie Mayuga