Subscriptions Now Available for A GRIFTER'S SONG
A 6-Episode Serial Created and Edited by Frank Zafiro Premieres in January, 2019
"I've long had this vision of a series of noir novellas, written by different authors, but tied together through a common theme," said Zafiro. "A pair of grifters, on the run from a job that went south, criss-crossing the country running cons, seemed like the perfect characters and setup for the series."
"When Frank approached me with the concept of a serial and asked if I might be interested in publishing it, I asked him how soon could we get started," added Eric Campbell, publisher of Down & Out Books. "I am so excited about this project; it fits in perfectly with what our readers are asking for."
Here's the best part: you can subscribe to the series at a discounted rate and you'll receive a special, subscriber-exclusive short story following Episode Six.
Two options are available:
• A print subscription, which entitles you to receive all six digital episodes before their official publication date plus two print copies consisting of Episodes 1-3 and Episodes 4-6 plus the exclusive short story;
• A digital-only subscription, which entitles you to receive all six episodes before their official publication date plus the exclusive short story.
The over-arching storyline is as follows:
Sam and Rachel are lifelong grifters in their late thirties. Their past is as shadowy as their present, but we know that they pulled a major long con on the mafia in Philadelphia, and now they are on the run. While one or the other may speak longingly of that quiet life in a beach house somewhere at the end of the rainbow, we all know that the likelihood is that they will never leave this life, unless it is in a box. They are who they are, and so they continue to find and exploit marks, trying to stay one step ahead of the mobsters bent on vengeance.
Titles and authors for Season One are:
• The Concrete Smile by Frank Zafiro,
• People Like Us by JD Rhoades,
• The Whale by Lawrence Kelter,
• The Movie Makers by Gary Phillips,
• Lost in Middle America by Colin Conway, and
• Losing Streak by Jim Wilsky.
Early readers have been so enthusiastic about the series that a second season has already been commissioned. Here is the line-up of authors for Season Two, which will premiere in 2020:
• Eric Beetner,
• Asa Maria Bradley,
• Eryk Pruitt,
• Holly West,
• Scott Eubanks, and
• Frank Zafiro.
We look forward to having readers join us on this adventure. For more information about subscribing, visit our website or contact us at email@example.com.