Follow on Google News
News By Tag
News By Place
Follow on Google News
Spinal Health Care Month at Shields Chiropractic
Spinal Health Care Month in Michigan
At the request of the Michigan Association of Chiropractors (MAC), Governor Rick Snyder has signed an Executive Declaration naming October 2018 "Spinal Health Care Month" in Michigan. In his Declaration, the Governor proclaims that the "the proper function of the nervous system and the correct alignment of the spine are essential factors to the body's ability to grow and develop appropriately, and to work effectively and efficiently."
In honor of Governor Snyder's proclamation, Dr. Dense of Saginaw is working to educate the community about proper spinal health care. "Back pain is the second most common reason for visits to a doctor's office in the United States," said Dense. "It is estimated that 80 percent of us will suffer from back pain at some point in our lives. Even everyday activities, if not done properly, can lead to back pain. However, there are ways that this pain can be prevented."
The back is a complicated structure of bones, nerves, joints, ligaments, and muscles. Sometimes, even the simplest, everyday tasks, such as picking something up from the floor, can cause back pain.
Dr. Dense, the Michigan Association of Chiropractors, and the American Chiropractic Association suggest these tips to reduce the risk of spinal injury:
· Don't lift by bending over. Instead, bend your hips and knees and then squat to pick up the object. Keep your back straight, and hold the object close to your body.
· Don't twist your body when lifting.
· Push, rather than pull, when you must move heavy objects.
· If you must sit for long periods, such as in front of a computer monitor, take frequent breaks and stretch.
· Wear flat shoes or shoes with low heels.
· Exercise regularly. An inactive lifestyle contributes to lower-back pain.
"The key to spinal health is prevention,"
Additional information may be found at: shieldschiropractic.net
Online articles may be found at: https://shieldschiropractic.net/
Dr. Michael J. Dense, DC, CCSMS
Account Email Address Account Phone Number Disclaimer Report Abuse