News By Tag
News By Location
Versasec Formally Announces Support for Users Moving from Microsoft's Unsupported IAM System
With Microsoft Pulling FIM/MIM Support, Versasec Builds Seamless Migration Path to vSEC:CMS
Officially, Microsoft's support for the FIM/MIM, which it is retiring, ended a year ago, but the software giant extended support for existing customers until October 2022 - for a price. Versasec has put together a simple guide to help companies make the transition from FIM/MIM to the vSEC:CMS S-Series.
With the built-in migration wizard in vSEC:CMS S-Series, users can quickly and easily upgrade from FIM/MIM to vSEC:CMS S-Series with no business interruptions, while taking advantage of the many features and customization options vSEC:CMS S-Series provides.
"Thousands of users are impacted by Microsoft's decision to discontinue support for FIM and MIM, so it's important they have options that can ensure their companies lose no momentum or have gaps in their smart card security management,"
Details on Migration
The migration process is simple:
* Versasec secures the export of the smart card data from FIM with its FIM Export Tool. When starting the process, users can clean up the export and remove any card they do not wish to import into vSEC:CMS S-Series.
* The exported data is then imported into the vSEC:CMS using Versasec's Import Wizard. During this process, the cards remain in the hands of the users; no interaction is needed, and there are no service interruptions.
* Once the Export/Import process is finalized, the Smart Cards are managed automatically by vSEC:CMS.
Benefits for organizations that upgrade to vSEC:CMS S-Series include:
* Cost savings: There are no hidden costs and a low total cost of ownership
* Built-in capabilities:
* Strong security: vSEC:CMS offers a consistently high level of security with no exceptions
* User friendliness:
* Regular updates: There are four major releases per year
* Breadth of support: vSEC:CMS offers a Wide range of supported smart cards
To learn more about migration to vSEC:CMS S-Series, and to view Versasec's step-by-step instructions, contact Versasec at https://versasec.com/
Companies impacted by the FIM/MIM support issue may review Versasec's quick guide (https://versasec.com/
To view an overview of vSEC:CMS S-Series, please read the dedicated S-Series flyer by clicking here: https://versasec.com/
Versasec is the leading provider of state-of-the-
Versasec maintains its mission of providing solutions that are affordable and easy to integrate, coupled with first-class support, maintenance, and training. Versasec customers include HSBC, Tieto, Raiffeisenbank, Hornbach, Daimler, Australia's Department of Defence, European Commission, Qualcomm, eBay, Saudi Aramco, IMF, L'Oreal and Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi. Versasec has offices in Sweden, Dubai, Singapore, the United States, the United Kingdom, France and Germany.
Versasec's products and services can be purchased and delivered worldwide through an extensive reseller network and via the Versasec web site: https://versasec.com. Follow us on Twitter (@versasec), LinkedIn (@versasec) and Facebook (@versasec).