Parkinson's Disease Market: Pipeline Review, Developer, Landscape and Competitive Insights
Poor Quality of Life, Lack of Disease Modifying Treatment and Delayed Diagnosis are the Key Unmet Needs in Parkinson's Disease Management Market, Reports Roots Analysis
Tapish Dogra, the principal analyst, stated, "In order to address the high unmet needs in Parkinson's disease management, various companies have come up with novel molecules and targets to provide effective disease modifying treatment. Over 180 product candidates are currently being evaluated across various stages of development for the management / treatment of Parkinson's disease."
The report presents opinions on several key aspects of the market. Among other elements, the report includes:
1. A detailed assessment of the current market landscape of drugs being developed for the treatment of Parkinson's disease, providing information on drug developer(s)
2. An in-depth analysis of the product pipeline and developer companies, featuring four schematic representations;
3. An analysis highlighting the key unmet needs across Parkinson's disease, featuring insights generated from real-time data on unmet needs as identified from social media posts, recent publications, patient blogs and the views of key opinion leaders expressed on online platforms.
4. Comprehensive profiles of drugs in phase III of clinical development, with information on the developer, specific target patient population, mechanism of action, clinical trials, current status of development, and recent developments (if available).
5. An insightful competitive analysis, highlighting the key players in this domain on the basis of the strength of their development portfolio. For all companies that emerged as important players in this field, we have presented a five-dimensional spider web analysis, taking into account the company's size, activity on Google Trends, stage of development of lead molecule, strength of the Parkinson's disease pipeline and the (present) number of clinical trials being conducted by the player.
6. A detailed analysis of the mergers and acquisitions that have taken place in this space, highlighting the trend in a number of companies acquired in the last few years, along with the geographical distribution of this activity. The analysis features an ownership change matrix and presents a financial evaluation of these deals (revenues and respective deal multiples) as well.
7. A detailed analysis identifying the key opinion leaders (KOLs), featuring a 2X2 analysis to assess the relative experience of certain KOLs who were shortlisted based on their contributions (in terms of involvement in various clinical studies) to this field, and a schematic world map representation, highlighting the geographical locations of eminent scientists / researchers involved in the development of molecules in this domain.
8. An analysis of the investments made at various stages of development in companies that are focused in this area, including seed financing, venture capital financing, debt financing, grants, capital raised from IPOs and subsequent offerings.
9. A survey analysis featuring inputs solicited from various experts who are directly / indirectly involved in development of anti-Parkinson's therapeutics.
Dogra further added, "In the last eight years, the domain has witnessed significant venture capital activity, with over USD 2.2 billion being invested across various Parkinson's disease related ventures. Moreover, over seven acquisitions, valued between USD 100 million and USD 3.5 billion, have taken place in the recent past, indicating the growing interest of industry stakeholders in this domain."
The research covers the following companies:
1. 4P Therapeutics
4. ACADIA Pharmaceuticals
7. Biotie Therapeutics
8. Carna Biosciences
9. Impax Laboratories
10. Kyowa Hakko Kirin
12. Prothena Biosciences
13. TauRx Therapeutics
14. UCB Pharma
15. Voyager Therapeutics
For additional details, please visit
or email firstname.lastname@example.org