News By Tag
News By Location
iKAST.io to launch the first decentralized, open and virtuous ecosystem,uniting content providers, a
The mission of iKAST.io is to help Content Providers, through a blockchain-based ecosystem, to better distribute their videos and optimize the monetization by getting more qualified views on their contents and new distribution channels through a network of online video platforms.
Paris, France (September 2018) – In less than a few years the online video industry has dramatically changed with the arrival of players like Netflix or YouTube. But, on the content providers' side, many issues have arisen: lack of promotion and visibility for independent video contents, lack of distribution channels and consequently a lack of monetization and return on investment penalizing the creation as a whole. Hence more than 6 Million hours of premium contents are off the screens.
As a decentralized, autonomous and secured service, iKAST.io aims to solve these crucial problems by enabling:
• More control on rights & royalties: thanks to the blockchain technology and smart contracts, iKAST.io secures the video distribution, tracks license transactions and reinforces royalty payments.
• More audience: for the first time, Content Providers can reward viewers for their watching and promotional activity, driving watching consumption and exponential audience growth;
• More revenue: Content Providers can now deploy their own video platforms in a few clicks with multiple business models and offering, then diversify and increase their sources of revenues (marketplace, merchandising);
This new ecosystem is a foundation for a unique shared pool of contents, video platforms, advertisers and audiences that will organically increase content consumption, boost the birth of more video platforms and content sales. The iKAST.io platform and its economy are powered by the KAST utility token, the allowed medium used to fuel exchanges between all stakeholders of the ecosystem.
Giving back control to creators and viewers thanks to the power of blockchain
With iKAST.io, any Content Provider can by himself launch his own video platform, promote his own brand, editorial contents according to his own business rules.
Then, Content Providers can reward viewers for their watching and promotional activity by sharing part of their revenues. These incentives drive watching consumption, attract advertisers and brands, generate steady revenue that will fuel more content production.
In order to register all these activities and provide a transparent ecosystem, iKAST.io solution offers a rock-solid mechanism, at 3 different levels:
• Proof of eXperience, validating that a watching session is valid and generate the viewer's reward. Each content is registered in an open, secured, global registry, via a dedicated public blockchain;
• Proof of Rights, this registry validates with a smart contract the business conditions and establishes a decentralized trustee. It will then track all contents consumption and manage the fair distribution of the generated revenue;
• Proof of SHare, all sharing and referring activities from Viewers will be checked and validated thanks to tamper-proof history of social activities and traceable referral codes.
These 3 blockchain-based features will allow creating the most secured and fairest rewarding ecosystem where every user's engagement has a positive effect on the whole value chain.
A solution gathering best-in-class video platform, AI and blockchain technology partners to disrupt the Entertainment & Media industry
iKAST.io is based on already successful existing products and top-class technology partners,
gathering best-in-class premium video platform (OKAST), AI (FlameFy) and blockchain technology. These partners, gathering many experts and veterans in the blockchain, video platforms and big data field, will ensure a fast go to market and a solid technological product.
The project is supported and followed by many personalities from the TV, Cinema and Advertising industry.
Cedric Monnier, iKAST's CEO, says:
"We too often read about new disruptive technologies that will change the world. But it's the first time that a new technology – blockchain – will really impact our entertainment industry. Decentralized, secure, it gives back full control of rights to creators, content owners and allow a real direct access to final customer. We are thrilled to build a new economy, with fair retributions, which will help out all kind of cultures to grab the right eyeballs."
More info on iKAST.io
Simon LE DEAUT