News By Tag
News By Location
PBR manufacturers signing up for Commercial Photobioreactor Challenge 2019
1. All commercial PBR's must be proven outside the lab, scalable and have a low CAPEX.
2. Water volume must be between 1000-2000 gallons per system.
3. Only polyethylene, PVC or glass materials will be used. (horizontal or vertical)
4. All materials, pumps, lighting, instrumentation and construction. will be provided by manufacturers at specified test locations in the US and throughout the world.
Testing Purpose: (Growing two different algae strains).
Data will be collected for:
1. Algae growth rates
2. Grams per liter dry weight
4. Energy inputs
To help the commercial algae production industry and the investment community identify the best commercial closed-loop PBR's on the market that is scalable with a low CAPEX. http://www.nationalalgaeassociation.com