Right Hand Man Champions 2018!
- Sept. 4, 2018
-- What a fabulous summer it has been for the team dancers at Allegro Performing Arts Academy! Allegro Precision Dance Co. and PURE Hip hop teams competed at Hollywood Vibe National competition in California in July 2018.
This extremely competitive national competition consisted of 7 intense days in Anaheim against some of the nation's best dancers and dance studios. Allegro's 80 team dancers represented the Pacific Northwest well and came home with many success stories.
There are many aspects of the national competition of which dancers compete their solos, duos, trios as well as team group pieces. They can also compete for the title of Dancer of the year if they were chosen at regionals as a finalist. Lastly they also take classes from well-known teachers/choreographers in the industry, re-compete in the Battle of the stars with the best numbers of the week and enjoy a end of the week gala with amazing performances and final award presentations.
Allegro is extremely proud of ALL our students and is thrilled to have so much variety of success competing against such well respected studios from all over the country.
Day one of nationals consisted of 26 Allegro dancers competing their solos against hundreds of other dancers for the Dancer of the Year title. Their solo scores are only a portion of the decision for the title winners as they will also be judged in classes over the week and go through an official audition as well. The age divisions are Mini, Junior, Intermediate, Teen and Senior.
There were immense category and overall placements earned by the Allegro dancers in each age, genre and group size category. Some of the specific highlights of the week are:
- Our youngest team member Brielle, 7, won her first scholarship to return to regionals next year for 50% off
- 11 other dancer received scholarships as well including the Teen Grand Champion scholarship being awards to dancer Anna K
- Allegro teachers won Best direction awards for two of our group pieces 'Hard Knock Life' a fun hip hop version of the class and 'Let's Dance' a fun 80's prom jazz piece
- 'Paper Hearts' a intermediate lyrical duo performed by Landon and Brooke and choreographed by Megan Butler won the duo/trio overall top score with a score of 98.83
- 'Bloom' Senior contemporary duo won 2nd overall in the Senior division performed by Alix and Jalen and choreographed by Mitchell Federan
- Dancer of the year runners-up results:
Mini female 1st runner up – Lillian
Intermediate male 2nd runner up – Dre'moni
Senior male 3rd runner up – Jalen
Senior female 1st runner up – Kristina
- Teen female Dancer of the year winner – Kennedy Griffin, 14 year old from Olympia who commutes to Allegro everyday for training
- Teen male Dance of the year winner – James Ades, 15 year old that lives in Kent and attends Kentlake High School
- Kristina Doucette, 17 year old dancer from Auburn, was awarded the LA Agency award of which she will be flown to Los Angeles to consult with top agencies, have a headshot photo session and get a scholarship to Millennium Dance Complex to continue training
- Allegro's Presto JR team was chosen to re-compete at the Battle of the Stars and ended up placing 2nd overall in the intermediate category 'Hide and Seek' choreographed by Megan Butler
- Allegro's Legato and Vivace teams were chosen to re-compete their musical theater line piece from Hamilton 'Right Hand Man' in the Senior category choreographed by guest teacher Eddie Strachan and they walked away the Senior national champions and a $2,000 award!
Allegro Performing Arts Academy is located in Kent, WA and has been training students of all ages in the performing arts since 1996. Our staff of over 20 phenomenal teachers devote their time, love and energy all year to train all of our students at Allegro. Our team dancers are hardworking, dedicated young people ages 7-18 years old that are not only talented dancers but also represent what is positive about our youth by displaying respect, accountability and success with their grades on a daily basis.
for more information