News By Tag
News By Location
Follow on Google News
Toronto's Kawaii Land to make anime conventions accessible to all
Kawaii Land takes place on Saturday Nov. 17, 2018, from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. at Toronto's historic Design Exchange venue. The not-for-profit Design Exchange is funded by its members and donors, and is the country's only museum dedicated exclusively to the pursuit of design excellence and preservation of design heritage.
Kawaii Land will feature a number of special events and activities, including:
• Kawaii Tea Party and Lunch Box
• Cosplay guests from Toronto, including Baeged Cosplays, Xgouki Cosplay and Toronto Cosplay Medic
• Special guest Emily Gonsalves of Pretty Heroes
• Anime Shogatsu ramen eating contest
• Performances by 1,2,SHINE, MEIDOroids, DJ Tenshin and Clara Venice
• Lego installations by ToroLUG
• Celebrations of Japanese fashion and culture with Salon de Tea + Kimono and ennichi ～Japanese Arcade
• Speed friending and LGBT + Asian resources by ACAS (Asian Community AIDS Services) (http://www.acas.org/
• Dozens of exhibitors of cute kawaii artwork and designs
Kawaii Land will also donate the proceeds of a mowgen gift basket raffle to the Hong Fook Mental Health Association (http://hongfook.ca/
About mowgen (http://www.mowgen.com/)
Mowgen's mandate is to create a community space influenced by art, illustration, and fashion, inspired by the root word "可愛". Our kawaii events differ from regular comic conventions and anime conventions because of our passion of curating cute artwork and fashion from Asia. We strive to create an accessible market and mini con that is free to the public. Our kawaii events cater to those who cannot afford to attend an expensive convention, for those who want to hang out with their friends at a convention, for people who love to cosplay, for those who love photography, and for people who want to do holiday shopping at an adorable market.
For further information on Kawaii Land by mowgen events, visit http://www.kawaiievents.com or email email@example.com.
Account Email Address Account Phone Number Disclaimer Report Abuse
Page Updated Last on: Sep 26, 2018