News By Tag
News By Place
How to Sign In using Backup Codes with Google
Almost everyone in the world is now using Google mail for storing their images, videos, email data files and many other files that can be used further. Since a lot of data is stored in your Gmail account, hence it needs to be highly protected. Backup codes of Google is one of the many ways of securing your Google Account. It can be used in case you do not have your linked number with you. The backup code can also be used while you are travelling, you are away from your phone. It is an 8-digit number that is generated by Google for security reasons. This is a file that can be stored either in phone or in hard copy that you can keep the print out with you. In this article, we shall explain to you the steps of signing into Google Account using backup codes.
Setting up Google backup codes
• Go to the sign-in and security option of the Google Account. This option will be shown in Google account settings.
• Click on "signing into Google" option. Check for the 2-step verification option in the page that displays.
• Under the backup section, click on set "Backup Codes".
• The file that appears is printable and can also be stored. In this file, you get the list of 10 backup codes.
Sign in with Backup Code.
• Have the list of backup codes handy. Sign into Gmail.
• Enter your username and password.
• Google asks for the verification code, click "More Options".
• Enter one of your 8-digit verification code.
This way you can enter your Google account. If any further query persists you can contact Google recovery help for more assistance.