News By Tag
News By Place
Twelve utility and IPP CEOs confirmed so far for Utility CEO Forum at Future Energy East Africa
Great excitement in the run-up to Future Energy East Africa as the co-located Utility CEO Forum: East Africa has already confirmed the attendance of 12 utility and IPP CEOs for key discussions on the financial viability of the sector.
By: Future Energy East Africa
The Utility CEO Forum: East Africa is an exclusive, by invitation only, gathering of regional utility CEOs within the power and energy sector providing a unique, safe space for discussion and debate the modern day challenges of their roles in running African utilities in a fast developing market with high political expectations and low returns within aging or no infrastructure.
It is part of a series of four exclusive regional platforms which allows utility and industry leaders to discuss and compare utilities' financial viability, utility reform, the new energy revolution and general topics that impact all African utilities such as the regional challenges or cross border co-operation.
Attending Utility CEO Forum: East Africa, so far are:
- Shiferaw Telila, CEO, Ethiopian Electric Utility, Ethiopia
- Khilina Dodhia, CEO, Kenergy Renewables, Kenya
- Henry Muthanji, CEO, IberAfrica Power Ltd, Kenya
- Brian Kelly, MD, Virunga Power, Kenya
- FCPA Fernandes Barasa, CEO and MD, KETRACO, Kenya
- Representing the CEO of KenGen, David Muthike, Strategy & Business Performance Director, Kenya
- Representing the CEO of EGENCO, representative's name to be confirmed, Malawi
- Idirus Hamud, CEO, Aloog Electricity Company, Somalia
- Beck Awan Deng, CEO, South Sudan Electricity Corporation, South Sudan
- Representing the CEO of Uganda Electricity Generation Company Limited, Mark Martin Obia, Company Secretary, Uganda
- Thozama Gangi, Managing Director, Eskom Uganda, Uganda
- Willy Kiryahika, CEO, Uganda Electricity Transmission Company Limited, Uganda
Future Energy East Africa
Access to energy and the speed at which the region is achieving this will be a strong theme of the 20th edition of the Future Energy East Africa conference and exhibition, formerly known as EAPIC or the East African Power Industry Convention, which returns to the KICC in Nairobi from 12-13 September.
A firm favourite and a fixture on the region's power calendar for the last 20 years, Future Energy East Africa will once again host many of the region's leading energy decision makers next month. This leading energy forum comprises a high-level, strategic conference focusing on energy access, finance, renewables and transmission & distribution.
Future Energy East Africa's expo will feature some 80 leading global and local technology and services providers, including several country pavilions, as well as free, technical workshops for visitors. Koncar, Trans-African Projects and Eskom Rotek Industries have already confirmed their sponsorship for the event.
Future Energy East Africa is organised by Spintelligent, a multi-award-
Future Energy East Africa dates and location:
Strategic conference: 12-13 September 2018
Venue: KICC, Nairobi, Kenya
Senior Communications Manager: Annemarie Roodbol
Telephone: +27 21 700 3558
Future Energy East Africa