News By Tag
News By Location
Southwest Florida Free Pain Clinic Receives National Grant Award
By: Southwest Florida Free Pain Clinic
The Southwest Florida Free Pain Clinic currently offers a unique treatment model for low-income, uninsured pain patients utilizing medical and chiropractic care, massage and physical therapy, modalities, and health and exercise counseling to treat patients at the source of their pain without the use of drugs. NORCAL Group Foundation funding will assist in the expansion of services for patients in need.
"We are excited to expand services from one night per week to a day-time operating clinic," said Alan Gruning, DO, executive/medical director of the Southwest Florida Free Pain Clinic. "The support we have received from community individuals and now the NORCAL Group Foundation has turned this dream into a reality. We have secured a lease space and will be in our own facility this fall."
Goals for the clinic expansion are as follows:
· Combat the epidemic of prescription pain medication abuse by treating pain at the source and negating the need for pain medications
· Decrease utilization by pain patients of emergency departments and hospital inpatient services, with the resulting financial savings to the health care system
· Evaluate the impact a free pain clinic has on the local health care system, by working directly with hospitals to diagnose and treat incoming pain patients through a holistic approach
· Evaluate the decrease in prescription drug use by patients treated using a Functional Medicine model
· Create a template that can be utilized by other health care systems to successfully diagnose and treat uninsured pain patients at the source
"There are so many opportunities to impact health care in local communities,"
Southwest Florida Free Pain Clinic is one of six organizations nationwide that were awarded funding for initiatives and programs focused on patient care, patient safety and physician wellness.
About Southwest Florida Free Pain Clinic
Southwest Florida Free Pain Clinic is a ministry of Christian Medical Ministries, a 501(c)(3) organization founded in 2010 to provide high quality holistic medical care at no charge to those without the ability to pay, with attention to the physical, emotional and spiritual aspects of health and healing. For more information, visit htttp://www.freepainclinic.org or call 239-308-7107.
About NORCAL Group Foundation
Established in 2017, NORCAL Group Foundation supports improving health care in local communities through grant giving focused on patient care, patient safety and physician wellness. The Foundation is a non-profit organization established by NORCAL Mutual Insurance Company.
Christina Mehta Prendiville
Mehta Communications, LLC