An Interview with the Acting Chief of the Continental Movement Coordination Centre has been released
The Military Airlift and Air-to-Air Refuelling conference will convene in Rome on the 4th and 5th December 2018.
In the run up to the event, SMi Group have released an exclusive interview with Group Captain David Akrong, Acting Chief of the Continental Movement Coordination Centre, who will be presenting at the conference on:
'How the Continental Movement Coordination Centre Is Building the Logistic Capability of African Air Forces', covering:
• An introduction to the work of the Continental Movement Coordination Centre and its role and scope
• How African nations have taken the lead on UN-backed peacekeeping missions in the region and what this means for logistical demands on military forces
• How the CMCC feeds into the wider African Standby Force concept and key timelines for implementation
• Exploiting both commercial and military airlift capability and roadmap for an African led airlift exercise
• Training plans for utilisation of effective C2 within African-led airlift operations
• Future priorities for the centre and working with key international partners as part of this approach
The complimentary interview is now available to download from the website's download centre at: https://www.smi-
As the largest bespoke military airlift conference in Europe, this event will offer an unrivalled platform for defence forces to hear from some of the world's leading airlift operators and manufacturers.
This year's conference will cover: forward basing and expeditionary operations, international operability, training, airlift platform acquisition, air-to-air refuelling, medevac, pooling and sharing, tactical, humanitarian and strategic airlift, and much more.
Plus, new for 2018, a brand-new 'Air-Air Refuelling Focus Day' on the 3rd December, along with fantastic opportunities to meet new and old contacts, at two networking receptions hosted by Boeing on the 4th December and Airbus on the 5th December.
Bookings made by 28th September will be eligible for a £300 early bird discount. Registrations can be made on the event website.
For sponsorship enquiries, please contact Sadia Malick at: smalick@smi-
For delegate enquiries, please contact James Hitchen at: jhitchen@smi-
19th Annual Military Airlift and Air-To-Air Refuelling
Conference: 4th and 5th December 2018
Focus Day: 3rd December 2018
Gold Sponsor: Airbus and Boeing
Sponsored by: IRVINGQ, JBTC, Jetex, Leonardo, SHZ Aviation, TLD Group and Viasat
* To be confirmed
-- END –
About SMi Group: Established since 1993, the SMi Group is a global event-production company that specializes in Business-to-