Benefit Plan Provisions and Employer Operations-Latest Developments and Challenges to be Explored at Upcoming ALI CLE Conference
By: ALI CLE
This year, Employee Benefit Plans of Tax-Exempt and Governmental Employers' national faculty of retirement administrators and leading benefits professionals from the private, non-profit, and governmental sectors including the Treasury, IRS, and DOL as they examine the impact of the latest legal changes to employer operations and plan provisions.
Topics to be addressed include:
· New risks for employers such as the new litigation under the FLSA regarding creative benefits that may impact liability for overtime
· Recent litigation challenging the classification of independent contractors
· Retirement plan investment litigation, including §403(b) plan litigation against colleges and universities
· The impact of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act on executive compensation, plan corrections, §457(f), and UBIT
· Environmental, social, and governance-driven investing changes
· Demise of the fiduciary rule and impact of the proposed SEC Best Interest Regulation
· Welfare and fringe benefit plans, including implications of ERISA litigation and overlapping employment laws
"Our faculty is the top subject matter experts in the country with extensive practical experience discussing the latest issues," said Planning Co-Chair Greta Cowart of Winstead PC." The panel format provides a way to hear multiple perspectives on issues impacting employers and benefit plans. The program includes case studies that analyze real world issues and applications. The government guests attending provide insight into the regulating agencies perspectives. This is a unique program looking at the latest developments and issues."
To learn more about this program and to register for the conference, click here.
About ALI CLE
American Law Institute Continuing Legal Education (ALI CLE) is the continuing legal education division of the American Law Institute. ALI CLE, a non-profit organization, is committed to the work of promoting continuing professional education for lawyers throughout the United States and to creating standards to ensure quality and relevance in CLE programs. ALI CLE is constantly evolving to meet the needs of the legal profession, furthering a tradition of unparalleled service to lawyers. Follow the latest announcements and news at http://morethancle.ali-