News By Tag
News By Location
Annual OWIT Conference in Kenya Highlights Capacity Building Workshop
Bridging the Gap - Empowering Businesses to Go Global. Intercontinental Hotel - Nairobi, Kenya
By: OWIT International
CAPACITY BUILDING WORKSHOP OVERVIEW - OCTOBER 24
The day before the Conference, on October 24, OWIT and OWIT Nairobi are pleased to offer a capacity building workshop for local women entrepreneurs seeking to #GoGlobal and take their business across borders.
Internationalization of trade and investment is complex. OWIT's capacity building workshop will connect attendees with the subject matter experts and resources needed to help overcome the unique challenges of cross-border business.
Participants will learn:
• Tips and Tricks When Pitching Your Product;
• The Lean Startup Methodology;
• Opportunities in Kenya, Africa, and Beyond;
• Making Free Trade Agreements Work For You;
• How Small Businesses Can Leverage Free Trade Agreements for Growth;- Practical Solutions Towards Seamless and More Efficient Cross-Border Delivery of Goods;
• How to Build Strategic Alliances with Business Women Around the Globe;
• Tips & Ticks for Exporting Your Goods Through Cost Reductions;
• How to Engage with Buyers; and
• E-commerce Opportunities and Strategies.
To encourage female entrepreneurs' registration, OWIT and OWIT Nairobi are subsidizing this Workshop and offering it to attendees at cost of only $25 USD.
Targeted participants are female business-owners who are currently exporting their goods or services, or those who want to start exporting and are seeking the right guidance, market intelligence, and ﬁnancial tools required to take up global trade opportunities.
Presenters include key actors in this space who are instrumental in expanding the space for women enterprises in global markets and increasing the capacity of women entrepreneurs to participate in international trade—such as organizations that focus on entrepreneurship development, financial institutions and e-commerce platforms offering solutions specifically tailored for women-owned enterprises, and experts from businesses of all sizes sharing best practices and lessons learned.
OWIT and OWIT Nairobi are proud to offer this capacity building workshop to attendees at a low cost, ensuring access to the quality topics and insights they need to #GoGlobal.
CONFERENCE OVERVIEW - OCTOBER 25
At the OWIT International Conference on October 25, trade practitioners and policy makers from around the world will discuss best practices for modern cross-border commerce, share insights for what is next for the future of trade, and the evolving role of women in trade policy.
The conference will explore some of the main constraints faced by female entrepreneurs in accessing new opportunities and markets in the global trading arena, including:
• Lack of access to credit;
• Lack of access to trade-related information;
• Limited capacity in terms of knowledge and skills; and
• Limited participation and representation in trade policy-related positions.
For more information about the OWIT International capacity building workshop, OWIT's 18th Annual World Conference, and sponsorship opportunities, please visit https://www.owit.org/