News By Tag
News By Place
'Ghostbusters' Activities Abound At Wizard World Comic Con Winston-Salem, August 3-5
Smoky Mountain Ghostbusters, Panels, Demonstrations, Replica Ecto1, Giant Inflatable Stay Puft, Videos Highlight Weekend Of 'Ghostbusters' Themed Fun At Benton Convention Center
By: Jerry Milani
The celebration is part of the lead-up to the 35th anniversary Ghostbusters Fan Fest presented by Wizard World, June 8-9, 2019, at Ghost Corps headquarters on the famed Sony Pictures Studio Lot in Culver City, Calif.
Some of the Ghostbusters-
• Photos with a giant inflatable Stay Puft Marshmallow Man and Ghostbusters Logo
• Play the first two episodes of GHOSTBUSTERS VR: NOW HIRING for the Sony PlayStation 4 at Wizard World's Gaming area
• Smoky Mountain Ghostbusters fan group booth with: Ecto1; life-size Vigo the Carpathian painting; proton pack and other gadget demos; History of Ghostbusters Video Games and Pinball challenge; "GBTV" music video, cartoon and movie clips; ESP card challenge for prizes; Ghostbusters Playmobil set raffle; Ghostbusters snacks and candy
• Panels including: Slime Time Trivia; Life in the Ghostbusters Fandom; Real World Haunting & Ghost Stories; Creating Ghostbusters Gadgets; and more
• Kids Zone GB activities include: Story Time; Dance Party; Arts & Crafts; Tools of the Trade
Next June, Ghostbusters Fan Fest presented by Wizard World will be the ultimate celebration of the film, which starred Bill Murray, Dan Aykroyd, Sigourney Weaver, Harold Ramis, Rick Moranis and Ernie Hudson and was directed by Ivan Reitman and written by Dan Aykroyd and Harold Ramis. For the 35th anniversary, fans will participate in exclusive panels, meet the Ghostbusters creators, talent and crew and experience Ghostbusters augmented reality and virtual reality games.
Wizard World Comic Con events bring together thousands of fans of all ages to celebrate the best in pop culture: movies, television, gaming, live entertainment, comics, sci-fi, graphic novels, toys, original art, collectibles, contests and more. The ninth event scheduled on the 2018 Wizard World calendar, Winston-Salem show hours are Friday, August 3, 4-9 p.m.; Saturday, August 4, 10 a.m.-7 p.m.; Sunday, August 5, 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Kids 10 and under are admitted free with paid adult.
Wizard World Comic Con Winston-Salem is also the place for cosplay, with fans young and old showing off their best costumes throughout the event. Fans dressed as every imaginable character – and some never before dreamed – will roam the convention floor and participate in the famed Wizard World Costume Contest on Saturday evening.
For more on the 2018 Wizard World Winston-Salem, visit http://www.wizardworld.com/
About Wizard World (OTCBB:WIZD)
Wizard World, Inc. (www.wizardworld.com) produces comic, gaming and pop culture conventions across North America that celebrate the best in pop culture: movies, television, gaming, live entertainment, tech, comics, sci-fi, graphic novels, toys, original art, collectibles, contests and more. A first-class lineup of topical programming and entertainment takes place at each event, with celebrity Q&A's, comics-themed sessions, costume contests, movie screenings, evening parties and more. Wizard World has also teamed with Sony Pictures Entertainment to find the next generation of movies as well as to engage in a number of strategic initiatives. Additional initiatives may include an augmented touring schedule of Wizard World shows, fixed-site installations, curated e-commerce, and the production and distribution of content both in the U.S. and internationally. Fans can interact with Wizard World at www.wizardworld.com and on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram and other social media services.
The 2018 Wizard World convention schedule is available at: http://www.wizardworld.com/